Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fallschirmjäger helmet

Hello guys,

I found on a dutch site a fallschirmjäger helmet for sale.
    I've asked for better photos ,but not yet received.

Can any of you please give his opinion about this helmet (good one or bad).

http://verzamelen.marktplaats.nl/mil...-m38-helm.html

Regards,
    Remco

Helmet appears genuine, but camo paint likely is not. Straps are incomplete or damaged. Liner may be tampered with. So, many possible problems even if a genuine helmet.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
      Helmet appears genuine, but camo paint likely is not. Straps are incomplete or damaged. Liner may be tampered with. So, many possible problems even if a genuine helmet.
      Thank you John for your opinion about this helmet. I let this helmet pass, too risky for me. May I ask you something about the story that goes with it?
      He says :
      " In 1944 11 fallschirmjägers (10 Germans and one Czech) crossed the border by Ter-Apel and did not want to fight anymore. They went into hiding in Musselkanaal. The Czech was hiding by is Grandma and Grandpa. His uniform was taken off and he get farmers clothes on. His uniform was burned, but they keep is helmet,knife, map purse ,pistol holster, agenda and hid it in the attic. His father has taken over the house of his Grandma and Grandpa and he has rediscovered the stuff in the attic"

Is this story possible (about one Czech and 10 german fallschirmjägers). I can hardly imagine , 11 fallschirmjägers who refused to fight no longer??
      Or is this story a bunch of ......
      I know they always say buy the intem ,not the story...

Regards,
      Remco

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
        camo paint is defenitly original, also according to ken niewiarwizc.
        The liner as a screw replaced duering the war, defenitly not messed with.
        Typical for Fj helmets that saw a good amount of combat.
        Honest untouched helmet

Comment

Is it the one which states "Onderstaande door u opgegeven advertentie bestaat niet meer."? Or, no longer listed?
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

That is the one I meant. But the helmet is no longer available.
            As far as I could see, the highest bid for this helmet was 1700 euro .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X