X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Boots - Resoled or not?

Hello Guys,

I just received my new pair of jumpboots and I'm quite happy with them
    because they are in good condition, have good size and colour (thanks Daniele).

Only, I'm a bit suspicious about the heels. The front of the soles (the part with
    the nails is in a normal used condition but the heel is not used at all. The soles
    have been painted (when, I don't know), perhaps to hide the difference between
    the condition of the front of the sole and the heel?

Let me know what you think

Floris

Floris, could you show us a full botttom view of each boot? That might help some more.

So far, I would agree the heels have been replaced. Not sure yet though....
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
      Floris, could you show us a full botttom view of each boot? That might help some more.

So far, I would agree the heels have been replaced. Not sure yet though....
      Hi Willi, here you go. It's difficult to see because it's painted black but the
      condition doesn't match.

Comment

You can still see the nail pattern on the heels. Looks like the soles have been coated with something.

Nice boots !

Comment

I agree. The whole heel & sole area of each boot have been coated with something.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

not sure guys !
            Floris , you have to clean/restore them . Perhaps they have been period
            resoled . Important is to see how the nails were placed . I like what I see .

here to compare :

Comment

Could it perhaps be that the heels were wartime resoled and that the whole
              soles were painted after this repairing process and that they never made it
              back to the front? This would be the most plausible theory to explain the
              difference in condition between the front and back parts of the soles...

Comment

Though I am not sure from the photos, perhaps the heels are covered in alot of the coating which has obscured those nails. It would be odd to see a pair of boots reheeled when the soles appear to be in such good shape. Usually they wear uniformly and a cobbler would fix both.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                  Though I am not sure from the photos, perhaps the heels are covered in alot of the coating which has obscured those nails. It would be odd to see a pair of boots reheeled when the soles appear to be in such good shape. Usually they wear uniformly and a cobbler would fix both.
                  Hi Willi, the nails on the heels are there, exactly the same as the picture
                  Clint posted previously. The heels are truly in an unissued condition (no scratch,
                  no wear,...) the fronts of the soles however have deep scratches, the top of the
                  front soles show normal wear, the nails are worn,...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X