Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass 3rd FJ Division, St. Lô

Hi!

I wanted to share my Wehrpass I bought from a forum member.

This is a small lot to Franz Weber in 3rd FJ Division, 9th Regiment. Born 29/9 1921. Fought in Normandie, was awarded the "Luftwaffe Erdkampf Abzeichen" when he got wounded by "granat-splinter" on 11/7 1944 near Saint Andre l'Epine. Later in September 1944 he took part in the Operation Market Garden and fought with Kampfgruppe Becker. Promoted Gefreiter and Obergefreiter.

If you see something interesting that I haven't mention, please tell me!
    I would like to know what happend to Franz after he left the army on 7/11 1944! Does anybody know how to do?

Best wishes from Per.

First pages

Comment

Comment

Comment

When and where was Franz born? His year of birth was 1921 in or around München according to the front of the Wehrstammbuch.

The entry for the Lw Erdkampfabz. is for a point for the award, not actually awarding it. Unless there is an entry you are not showing?

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Before I sold I checked and he was not listed on the Volksbund.

He was born on 29.09.1921 in München.

Best Regards,

Comment

Thought I recognised it.....it was on Estand?

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I don't think this man was with Kampfgruppe Becker. I think they made a mistake so 07-11-1944 should be 11-07-1944.
                The entry for the Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe is indeed a Nahkampf entry as Ian said. Nonetheless a very nice Nahkampf entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                  Thought I recognised it.....it was on Estand?
                  Yes it was on the e-stand.

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb View Post
                    I don't think this man was with Kampfgruppe Becker. I think they made a mistake so 07-11-1944 should be 11-07-1944.
                    The entry for the Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe is indeed a Nahkampf entry as Ian said. Nonetheless a very nice Nahkampf entry.
                    I think you are right. Maybe he was badly wounded with "granat-splinter" so he didn't came back to the army?

Can somebody tell if he was Jump qualified?

Comment

From what you show he does not look jump qualified.......page 21 in the Wehrpass and 13/14 in the Wehrstammbuch if he was.

Thats of course if it was filled in correctly! But judged on his other units my suspicion would be no he was not jump qualified.

/Ian

Comment

Here is page 21 in the Wehrpass.

Comment

Perhaps these pages are of interest to you.
                          Hope your German is okay...
                          Detailed information about the FJR9 on 11/7/1944.

Nick

Comment

Hello,

Nice Normandy grouping . Franz Weber has been wounded on the Hill192. At 500 m north of Saint André l'épine (Near St Lo).

David

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb View Post
                              I think you're correct Dennis and that they accidently mixed up the dates. Most likely he was badly injured from the grenate fragment and in the hospital for a while or he didn't return to his unit at all. I think he was wounded on his left elbow due to grenate fragments. If you are left handed and your elbow is badly damaged then it would be difficult to use this arm.

But as i understand correctly you like the Normandy part so in that part you have a very nice soldbuch with some nice entries That is what counts

A big thanks to Nick with the detailed information started on 11-07-1944 Nice done Nick

regards

Erwin
                              Last edited by Erwin L; 01-31-2012, 03:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X