Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Helmet

[B]
    Hi guys ,nothing wrong with this well worn fj helmet ..and for you ?
    Feel free to comment
    Cheers,
    Martin
    Attached Files

kk
    Attached Files

Comment

oo
      Attached Files

Comment

Rr
        Attached Files

Comment

look good

Comment

Riveted liner band instead of the welded type.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
              Food for thought on that observation. Early pre-war DDs appear to have a seamless aluminum liner band. I can't tell on mine because the pads are so tight and flush.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                Food for thought on that observation. Early pre-war DDs appear to have a seamless aluminum liner band. I can't tell on mine because the pads are so tight and flush.
                It looks to have an early smooth green paint, with a 4 digit batch number (it's a ET68/58)...could it be a pré or early war production?

Best
                Thierry

Comment

Any idea about the value of a helmet like this one ?

Comment

M38

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                    Martin, can you read the manufacturer name on the liner? I have an example with a riveted front seam to the liner and mine is made by Schuberthwerke, a rather rare maker for an M38 liner. Just curious if yours is too. I can't make out that information from the liner pics you show.

Value wise, I think these have been holding steady if not dropping slightly in the past year or so. Maybe $6500-$7000 USD, give or take a few humdred either way.

Cheers,
                    Terry

Comment

Terry, I was looking at my helmets. I have several with riveted aluminum liner bands, and several with "seamless" aluminum liner bands. I think all of mine have Heisler liners, but I can check again.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by M35 View Post
                        Martin, can you read the manufacturer name on the liner? I have an example with a riveted front seam to the liner and mine is made by Schuberthwerke, a rather rare maker for an M38 liner. Just curious if yours is too. I can't make out that information from the liner pics you show.

Value wise, I think these have been holding steady if not dropping slightly in the past year or so. Maybe $6500-$7000 USD, give or take a few humdred either way.

Cheers,
                        Terry
                        Hi Terry,thanks for your info.....mine is with an Heisler liner
                        Cheers,
                        Martin

Comment

M38

Thanks Willi and Martin. I am always fascinated by these little details.

Cheers,
                          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                            Terry, I was looking at my helmets. I have several with riveted aluminum liner bands, and several with "seamless" aluminum liner bands. I think all of mine have Heisler liners, but I can check again.
                            The Ramcke jump helmet on the cover of my book has a riveted band, and it's a Heisler liner also Willi.
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

As Thierry asked could this helmet be pré or early war ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X