Opinions on this smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this smock

Going by these pictures (only ones available) what are your opinions?

Good for reenacting, not good for collecting.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
      Thank you John

Comment

I think even re-anactors would refuse it. They prefer the correct splinter "B" pattern these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
          I think even re-anactors would refuse it. They prefer the correct splinter "B" pattern these days.

Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post

Yes, not even reenactors would use this smock...

Comment

I take my Lost Battalions Green step in to events as an extra smock. If someone shows up in Splinter A camo , I give them my smock to wear. That camo is not acceptable within the reenacting community.

www.fjr3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jager Roll View Post
                I take my Lost Battalions Green step in to events as an extra smock. If someone shows up in Splinter A camo , I give them my smock to wear. That camo is not acceptable within the reenacting community.

www.fjr3.com
                Please accept my apologizes gentlemen. This particular collector really knows nothing about reenacting.
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi,

Isn't this a piece taylored from tent tarp?

Comment

Please accept my apologizes gentlemen. This particular collector really knows nothing about reenacting.
                    I greatly value the knowledge one can attain from this forum as far as my hobby. Your book is something I appreciate also. Impressing veterans and having them tell you "That is how we looked" makes all the research worth it and the information we get from here is invaluable. One of those is our unit veteran "Rupert" (Photo below) that was captured just above Florence while serving with FJR 12. I know that some collectors here are not partial to living historians, but there are those of us in the hobby including myself that truely value and appreciate the collectors on this forum.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t/100_1961.jpg
                    Last edited by Jager Roll; 12-08-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jager Roll View Post
                      I greatly value the knowledge one can attain from this forum as far as my hobby. Your book is something I appreciate also. Impressing veterans and having them tell you "That is how we looked" makes all the research worth it and the information we get from here is invaluable. One of those is our unit veteran "Rupert" (Photo below) that was captured just above Florence while serving with FJR 12. I know that some collectors here are not partial to living historians, but there are those of us in the hobby including myself that truely value and appreciate the collectors on this forum.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t/100_1961.jpg
                      Thanks on all counts. Nice looking M38 smocks, the far right Jäger beside Rupert is an especially good presentation.
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Looks like an Elderly FJ in the ranks there.

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
                          Looks like an Elderly FJ in the ranks there.
                          His name is Rupert Metzroth I have a bit about him here
                          http://fjr3.com/id20.html

I got him the beret because his wife Almut is not partial to him wearing the uniform again. The first day of that event when his wife was not there he was telling us how instead of a smock they wore the zeltbahns with thier tropicals. Well he showed us how he wore the Zeltbahn and somehow the belt got around his waist, cover got on his head and rifle got in his hands. He was almost giddy. I took a photo after he "accidentially got into some of his old uniform.
                          http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...t/100_0963.jpg

I am really careful of asking him to talk to much about what he went though. He sometimes gets very graphic in decribing what he went though and will get quiet after talking about it. He says he has tried to forget a lot but never wants to forget the friends he was with. I hope we remind him of his friends and happier times."Almut" his wife hinted that he still has bad dreams from time to time so I really try not push it with his stories from the war. Both of them are wonderful people and still very sharp for thier age.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X