This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remscheid forrest & FJ

Can anyone advise what FJ units fought in and around Remscheid forrest near Remscheid (the town) and any links or books on the subject? Was it likely to have been the 3rd Parachute Division?

cheers Mike

No experts on the 3'd para div around I guess

Comment

Youre asking a difficult question.
      Unit info in this late stage of the war (Remscheid was taken in April 1945) is very hard to find, and if you find any its the question how accurate it is.

I looked some things up and I have 2 quote's for you so far. Hope it helps a bit.
      Around Remscheid remains of the Fallsch.Pz.Jg.Abt. 3 where engaged with US troops. Also other remains of the 3. FJD where present, but not much.

"..... Allerdings hatte die Fallsch.Pz.Jg.Abt.3 auch viele eigene Verluste. Trotzdem konnten sich noch manche bis Ende April 1945 "durchschlagen". Die meisten davon wurden dann bei Solingen-Remscheid verwundet, oder gerieten in Gefangenschaft ......"

"....... Im Zeitraum 09 mit 16 April 1945 wurden die Div.-Reste der ehem. 3. FJD von Oberst Hummel geführt. Hummel berichtet in MS#B-108 (übersetzungs-nr. 1403/März 79) vom vom 14.08.1945. daß die 3. FJD in der Zeit seiner übernahme noch aus folgenden Rest-Einheiten bestanden habe: 2 Rgt.-Stäbe, 2 FSJ Btl'e mit zusammen 600 mann, einigen unterstellten Volkssturmeinheiten mit zusammen etwa 800 mann, 2 Art.Btl'e mit 10,5cm Geschützen, 3 Bttr. zu je 4 leichten Art.-Geschützen, sowie je 1 schwaches Fernmelde- und Pionier-Btl.
      Am 09.04.1945 hatte Oberst Hummel das Kommando in Köln-Wahn übernommen. Die Frontlinien der 3.FJD lagen dann beim Leverkusen, Siegburg, Mühlheim-Bensberg, Halzenberg. Am 12.04.1945 lag der Div.-Gefechtsstand in Blecher. Er wurde dann nach Witzhelden zurückverlegt. Ab dem 14/15.04.1945 erhielt die 3.FJD keine Nachschubgüter. Ohne Verpflegung und ohne Munition wurden daher alle Einheiten auf den Hügel am Südufer der Wupper zurückbeordet. Der letzte Div.-Gefechtsstand wird unter dem 16.04.1945 in einer Badeanstalt südlich Solingen angegeben...."

Kind regards,

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

It seems to me that Mike is typing a very long reply to you...........or just taking his time for it, while he was coming back quick enough with his question for help again one day later.....

yours friendly

Eric-Jan
        Last edited by Eric-Jan Bakker; 12-08-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
          Hi Nick,

It seems to me that Mike is typing a very long reply to you...........or just taking his time for it, while he was coming back quick enough with his question for help again one day later.....

yours friendly

Eric-Jan
          Or maybe i have just PM'd him as no one else was interested in this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by 15parabattalion View Post
            Or maybe i have just PM'd him as no one else was interested in this thread....
            What a reply from that guy.......

Comment

Yeah guess it makes you feel good knowing you are chasing up everyone to make sure they reply...

Comment

No it is more about clowns who as so often happens hear on WAF ask questions, other members who search for information in the books they have, translate it to English, type it all down here on WAF.......never to hear back from the one who posted the question(s) at all.

Maybe you understand why there are more and more members who no longer answer or respond to questions at all, why should they use their time for such members.

I know from the one who answered your question, and who had to go through several books, who did translate it from German to English and typing it down here for you, that did cost him more than an hour, that you only said thanks to him after you received a message from WAF that I had replied to this thread, just as simple it is.

Of course you can laugh about it as much as you want, give some ideas in what category to place you.......another one to ignore when questions are asked.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Its as simply as you say EJ.
                  I'm not hoping for ohh and ahh's but a kind "thank you" for my time and effort, is appreciated. But that choice is up to you (15para),

Well only thing I can say now, is not waste any more time on this thread.

Kind regards,

Nick

Comment

Thanks for your effort Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
                      No it is more about clowns who as so often happens hear on WAF ask questions, other members who search for information in the books they have, translate it to English, type it all down here on WAF.......never to hear back from the one who posted the question(s) at all.

Maybe you understand why there are more and more members who no longer answer or respond to questions at all, why should they use their time for such members.

I know from the one who answered your question, and who had to go through several books, who did translate it from German to English and typing it down here for you, that did cost him more than an hour, that you only said thanks to him after you received a message from WAF that I had replied to this thread, just as simple it is.

Of course you can laugh about it as much as you want, give some ideas in what category to place you.......another one to ignore when questions are asked.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan
                      Sorry did you just call me a 'clown', I think thats a personal insult and thats not allowed on here, we like to keep things nice on here and not take things down to personal insults so don't get all high and mighty with me Mr 'Posting Police'. I too spend several hours helping people out and do not expect thanks and I certainly do not to be chased up by a third party such as you.

Comment

Sorry did you just call me a 'clown', I think thats a personal insult and thats not allowed on here, we like to keep things nice on here and not take things down to personal insults so don't get all high and mighty with me Mr 'Posting Police'. I too spend several hours helping people out and do not expect thanks and I certainly do not to be chased up by a third party such as you.
                        Mike,

Thank you for making time to reply here on WAF.

Calling YOU a clown : not that I can see.

Personal insult : not that I can see.

High and mighty Mr. Posting Police : that is what you call me.

Third party : often needed when clowns are around in this WAF collecting community, and better be a Mr. Posting Police than a clown.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

No experts on the 3'd para div around I guess

I'm guessing nobody wants to help you because of your attitude, not to mention the fact you didn't even thank Nick for his assistance.

Rob

Comment

A ''thank you'' is always needed and always the cheapest reward for the people who helped you. It costs nothing.
                            sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Enough already. Closed.
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X