griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who knows the source of this FJR2 Kreta photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows the source of this FJR2 Kreta photo?

Hi,

Does anybody know the source of this photo?

The caption with it reads:
    Paratroopers from FJR.2 advancing from Rethymnon. Note the knocked-out allied tank. The origin owner of the photos, Leutnant Harry Kosche can be seen as number 3 in the row,wearing any no helmet.

I came across it on the following website:
    http://www.batalhapelomundo.com.br/m...ewtopic&t=1896

I'm trying to track down the owner of this photo and perhaps find more belonging to Leutnant Harry Kosche.

Can anyone help?

All the best,
    Jason

kreta tank photo

gday Jason. no i havnt seen that one before. thanks for putting it up there to show the rest of us . if i can find some information on when the tank was knocked out ill let you know. mike

Comment

If I'm not mistaken this photo appears in the commemorative photo album of the 3rd Kompanie Fallschirm Flak MG Battalion (200 made)

Comment

Originally posted by Yannis View Post
        If I'm not mistaken this photo appears in the commemorative photo album of the 3rd Kompanie Fallschirm Flak MG Battalion (200 made)
        Correct Yannis !

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=488038

Comment

Well well well... thanks very much for the quick and definitive reply, guys!

Shaun, I checked out your link and was surprised to see the name "Hans Bialkowski". You probably don't know this (unless you have his documents) but he was with the FJ unit that fought at Stalingrad.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
            Well well well... thanks very much for the quick and definitive reply, guys!

Shaun, I checked out your link and was surprised to see the name "Hans Bialkowski". You probably don't know this (unless you have his documents) but he was with the FJ unit that fought at Stalingrad.

Jason
            Yip !!! Thanks Jason that is a big surprise !

Comment

Never mind the FJ and the tank (matilda?) this is one landing i would be proud to say I walked away from:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X