FJ Badge Award Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Badge Award Document

I bought this off Estand a few months back. Is there any idea on who this is or what unit he may have been with? Thanks
    Attached Files

Nice original document.

I think it is impossible to tell which unit this guy was in, since the LW documents emanated from the main Luftwaffe Personnel Office. All LW award documents originated there until mid-1944, when these switched to unit-level documents. I have several award documents on file from this exact date, so they were likely signed in large blocks to many different units and for many different types of LW badges (like the Pilot, Observer, ROAG, etc.)

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hello,

Looks like a very nice document.

I found this interesting lot which I thought, at first, might just be your guy.

http://www.janssen-militaria.com/osc...oducts_id=3937

The guy was Luftwaffe and was promoted to Gefreiter in April of 1943 and then to Obergefreiter in February of 1944. He was mostly in Flak units, but then I saw he was in Flieger-Ersatz-Bataillon III Chemnitz and also in 6./A.u.S. Regiment der Luftflotte 4, defending and providing security for airfields. (This would be just the kind of job they would give to pilots that no longer have planes to fly and to paratroops who no longer have a reason to jump nor planes to jump from.) (A good friend of mine was a Luftwaffe pilot and ended up doing this same kind of duty in Gabel, Czechoslovakia as he had no plane to fly.) Anyway (and sorry for the long story) I am certain this is not your guy, since there is no mention of a jump school or of the Paratrooper Badge in his Werhpaß. But how cool it would have been if this was the same guy.

I also checked the Volksbund death records. Found two Karl Turk entries but neither was a match: one Karl Turk KIA in WW1 (October 1918) and the other Karl Turk a young, Heer Grenadier who was KIA in February of 1945. Found no exact match for Karl Heinz Turk.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks for that info, I don't believe it is the same guy, because WP would have Karl-Heinz Turk also. That would be cool if it was the same guy though.

Comment

Nice document thans for sharing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X