Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glider pilots, etc ...

Hello,

I agree with Willi on the glider use + that not al gliders ( in reallity a very smal part !!! ) where Para related, most of these where used to resupply forward troops, etc ... ( al the available types : DFS 230 , Go 242, Me 321 ( the so called Gigant )and where actually seen as transporting troops , other where used for more spectacular missions such as attack on Eben emael, bridge of Corinth, Crete, Cholm, Welikji Lucki , etc ... but when looking at glider missions one has always to keep in mind that these missions where far from the standard and are more the exeption !!!

Ralph do you have the name of the person ? , with that i can do a quick search about him + mayby can tel you more , if you do not want to do it in the open you may always send me PM regarding this , German archives wil not easely open up but you can always try , any chance of having the picture scanned ?

Any information is very welcome because it can bring us closer to information ( altough these guys are hard to research !!! , there is not that much known at this moment )

Friendly Greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X