Kreta 70th Anniversary Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to all.
    After many years of research I have managed to create a detailed map with the exact spots where Wolfgang Blucher's men were killed and buried and also the same for many other men of the FschJgRgt.1 in Heraklion.
    All the best.
    Kretakampfer

Comment

is there an easy way if someone gos to Crete to find a map or same like that to find ww2 spots in the island?? (and shops )

Comment

Originally posted by herrzark View Post
        is there an easy way if someone gos to Crete to find a map or same like that to find ww2 spots in the island?? (and shops )
        I do not think you will have much trouble finding the main battle spots, they are very well documented.

Comment

Originally posted by desiro View Post
          Cant believe its nearly 4 years ago Shaun.Great thread and memories.

Andy
          Andy I think we need to do it again for the 80th

Comment

Very interesting thread, thanks for sharing! I've also been to Crete but came home empty-handed

Comment

Nick don't forget this thread as well, with many info: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after-...2013-a-324473/
              sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Comment

Being that you’re located in Greece, you already have the language barrier beat. Personally, I didn’t find too many shops in Crete, just a couple antique / junk shops that didn’t have too much for sale. If you go during the invasion of Crete anniversary, you will find people have military displays at various venues whom you can connect with to assist you with what you’re looking for. The fellow I met in Chania was willing to take me to a few of his favourite dig locations and to his home to show me his years of treasures he found. If you scuba dive, then you can also expand your search interest.

Hope this helps, Cheers from Canada

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X