Obergefreiter Johann Blaimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obergefreiter Johann Blaimer

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:18 PM.

Hi Frank,
    Just confirmation of birth, death and place......

/Ian
    Last edited by Ian Jewison; 09-19-2003, 01:18 PM.
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Frank,

Concerning the Fallsch.Kradschützen Kp., the only source avalaible is a book which have been written by the association. In fact it is more a compilation of articles and Xerox copies of photos : Rot scheint die Sonne - Eine Kompanie schreibt ihre Geschichte - Fsch.Transport Kp., Fsch.Krads.Kp., Fsch.Aufkl.Kp." by Erich Ulber. Concerning the complete military records of your man, the best source is the Wast in Berlin.

www.dd-wast.de

Jean-Yves Nasse

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Frank,
          I wish you luck with contacting the WASt. When ever I have contacted them I have only ever had confirmation of awards if/when they served in the Kriegsmarine. If they were Heer or Luftwaffe then normally a confirmation of his rank and/or units (sometimes this not correct due to the state of the war at the end!). SS then not necessarily any records this around!

Cheers, Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:21 PM.

Comment

As you say, when it comes to any SS member, no information.
              This was my recent experience with the WAST. I asked about a man who served with various Waffen-SS units, including the paras, but without saying that he had been in the SS. Knowing that they would be cagey, I just asked to know if he had survived. Back came a nice letter telling me that he had indeed served in the German Armed Forces in WW2. They took several paragraphs to say it but that's all they said. They couldn't apparently tell me whether he had survived or not. Absolutely useless! I mean...I KNOW he served because I have his soldbuch. What is their problem? Why can't they simply tell me if he was killed or if he survived? It's not as if I got in touch asking for the man's bloody vital statistics! Or his daughter's bust dimensions. And from what people say, their ways of dealing with enquiries do not even seem to be consistent. Some get a full breakdown of a man's service while others are told that they have to be closely related to the man to get any information.

Prosper Keating

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X