FJ Headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Headgear

Hello I have a FJ Helmet .The lether is dunkel brown and the interior is with stamps "Kopfgrösse:Gr.59 Stahlhelmgrösse:Gr.71"
    In the side is Stamped ET71,,and the Neck is Stamped 1370..

My wish is ,have anyone a FJ Helmet who orginal (interior) is and can send here a Photo???

Hello Tommy,

Parahelmets with shell size 71 are often reprouced over the last years. Beware of dark brown interiors, especially when the leather is very thin and hard!

Greetings

Heinrich

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich66
      Hello Tommy,

Parahelmets with shell size 71 are often reprouced over the last years. Beware of dark brown interiors, especially when the leather is very thin and hard!

Greetings

Heinrich
      The leather is ca. 2 mm and under the interior is it stamped with 59.It is possible that the Helmet was in water....

Comment

Tommy,

We need to see photos. As Heinrich correctly mentioned, the Czech repros (so far) are all in size 71 shells. Though they are constantly improving them, here is what is commonly iuncorrect on them:

The liner has been treated with a red brown substance to age it., It comes off alittle when wet.

The foam liner pads are just that..foam and are soft to the touch. Real ones are rock hard in many cases.....other times just hard to the touch and very porus looking. Newer Chech repros have treated those pads with a tan substance to harden them.

The straps are near perfect but are just too stiff. They don't "lay" right inside the helmet. They just don't have the right feel, look, smell and touch.

The shells are too soft. You can squeeze the sides in. The rear flange is angles to wide and the flange is too long. The size 71's used to have a foot, a "_" under the "1". They have since corrected that.

Those helmets just don't have the look, the feel, the smell of ones that are 60 years old.

If you post a photo we can tell in a second. These helmets are all over Europe, and Steve tells me that a new batch just turned up in England. They also sell well on ebay and at shows here on the east coast. I just saw a whitewash one, a double decal with wire and a tropical camo a few weeks ago.

regards,

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hello FJKomet .

I have not a webside but i can send you Picture to your e-mail???

Thank Tommy

Comment

Tommy,

My email address is
            Willi Zahn
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by FJKomet
              Tommy,

My email address is
              Willi Zahn
              Thanks mail is sending....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X