Eagle19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle19

Just curious: How many here own one of these ?
    Attached Files

I think I have one somewhere.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Steve,

I have one in my bookshelf. Any particular reason you're asking, or just curious?

I haven't gone through this in a long while. I recall getting this booklet years ago from a guy in England. Greg Way, I believe? At the time, I remember he was in the process of getting some interviews with an Ortona vet translated, but I don't recall it ever happening on his site, at least. He shut the site down a while back.

Best regards,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
        Hi Steve,

I have one in my bookshelf. Any particular reason you're asking, or just curious?

I haven't gone through this in a long while. I recall getting this booklet years ago from a guy in England. Greg Way, I believe? At the time, I remember he was in the process of getting some interviews with an Ortona vet translated, but I don't recall it ever happening on his site, at least. He shut the site down a while back.

Best regards,

Jason

That's right - they were made by Greg Way who ran the Eagle19 site at the beginning of the internet craze. I doubt if he made many copies. It used to be the premier site for FJ enthusiasts - with a nice little question forum. The site ( and Greg) disappeared long ago. I was just curious how many here used to be on the old forum .

Comment

I had one, also had regular contact with Greg, but he just seamed to disapear!!!! I recently sold my copy to a guy in Ireland.

Comment

Greg Way

I too, have a copy and was looking at it just the other day.

I was in contact with Greg through his forum, and we shared a common interest other than Fj,We were both in the navy. I lost touch with him when the site became unavailable and often wondered why or what happened. Yep, it was a great, informative place to go for info etc.

Anyone got any ideas on what happened?

Manny

Comment

Originally posted by MannyTFjr2 View Post
              I too, have a copy and was looking at it just the other day.

I was in contact with Greg through his forum, and we shared a common interest other than Fj,We were both in the navy. I lost touch with him when the site became unavailable and often wondered why or what happened. Yep, it was a great, informative place to go for info etc.

Anyone got any ideas on what happened?

Manny
              that s something i d like to know too

Comment

Giday everyone,

I too have a copy of the magazine and I provided Greg with material which he posted on hisweb site.

Kind regards,

Ian

Comment

Hello,
                  i also have one, and was, like others in touch with Greg...
                  Herlé

Comment

Greg Way's new book - Fallschirmjager!

I have just noticed Greg Way's book of his interviews with 19 FJ veterans has just been released at long last...384 pages, by Helion...I have just ordered a copy from Amazon uk

Comment

Greg is a WAF member.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Yes, he did mention his book in progress a long while ago but I couldn't find the thread, only this one...the search function doesn't work as well as it used to I have noticed generally.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=997312
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X