Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity knife blade

Hello All,
    were all gravity knife blades marked as "rostfrei" (excepting RBnr blades) , or did they omit this from some ?

Thanks
    Steve

The ones that I've seen that weren't RB numbered were maker marked. I have ones by SMF and Paul Weyersburg, as well as RB #'d ones. Trying to think if any had no markings at all, now that you mention it. . . . .
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi Steve,

"Stainless" should be on all stainless blades. RB numbered blades are usually carbon steel and blued.

Best,
      John
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks guys,
        I have a mint strip-down type with a blade made by Weyersburg without the "rostfrei " mark. Does this mean it is a carbon non-stainless blade ? Only the blunt end is blued, the blade itself has a kind of cross hatching . Anyone know this type ?

Steve.

Comment

blades

Steve,
          If the base is blued it is carbon. I don't think stainless steel will take bluing. There are maker marked carbon blades; not all were RB numbered. Is it a "take down" model?
          Best,
          John
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

take down

Never mind, forgot you already said it was....
            Post a photo when you can; sounds very nice.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi Steve, I have a non-take down gravity knife that has a plain blade devoid of any markings. The only markings to be found on the knife are the Luftwaffe acceptance stamp to the bottom of the spike and the number "851" under the blade release catch. If I recall correctly the acceptance stamp is the "eagle 6" type?
              Hope this helps you?
              Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X