Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paras in Berlin!!!!!!!

Sorry for the bad quality of the photo,it comes from an magazine,but I think it has many interest ,next to the soldier there is an FG42 second model and an para helmet,the quality of the photo does not permit to see details from the uniform just the iron cross.Well what do you think?.Did any para division,regiment or battalion fought in Berlin?.If someone wants the photo bigger just let me know because to put it here i reduced it's size.Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I have a German published book on the Battle of Berlin that has this photo in the book...all I need to do is find it. As I recall the book stated this German was a SS para possibly a member of one of the SS para Battalions fighting to the bitter end. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
        Hi,

I have a German published book on the Battle of Berlin that has this photo in the book...all I need to do is find it. As I recall the book stated this German was a SS para possibly a member of one of the SS para Battalions fighting to the bitter end. Bill
        Hi everyone:
        This interesting picture has been already discussed. Check the following thread. Regards. Óscar

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=battle

Comment

The last honour.......
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by k98
            Sorry for the bad quality of the photo,it comes from an magazine,but I think it has many interest ,next to the soldier there is an FG42 second model and an para helmet,the quality of the photo does not permit to see details from the uniform just the iron cross.Well what do you think?.Did any para division,regiment or battalion fought in Berlin?.If someone wants the photo bigger just let me know because to put it here i reduced it's size.Thanks

the dead fighter is from the "SS - freikorps denmark" . that pic is quiet famous , i will try to find a better scann where you can see the danish flag on his uniformarm !

glück ab oliver

Comment

Here is a DFS 230 Glider pic I just recently picked up. - Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a nice picture coming from a large LW Calendar..
                Unfortunately it was the only FJ pic in it..

Jos.
                Attached Files

Comment

Guys,
                  Some great photos and thanks for posting them, now that I am back, I thought I would post a couple to get things rolling again!!!

Here's a nice pic of two happy couples, I think taken in Magdeburg ?

Please note and pass any comment on the FJ on the right, I wont say anything yet in case its my eyes playing tricks
                  Attached Files
                  Regards
                  Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

The big day, best men and brides maids on the way into church
                    Attached Files
                    Regards
                    Si

Comment

The groom, one last chance to change your mind........
                      Attached Files
                      Regards
                      Si

Comment

The happy couple
                        Attached Files
                        Regards
                        Si

Comment

Hi Simon,

Great photos!! Thank you for sharing. I recall someone on ebay outbidding me on them. Funny thing is the last photo you posted I had the very same three FJ standing together showing their FJ Regt 1 Cufftitles. It was in my collection and I traded it off to Eric Queen. Bill

Comment

An amazing array of photos in this thread!
                            It's astonishing just how many personal photographs were taken by members of the German forces before and during WW2.
                            If anyone is interested in seeing 2 FJ KRETA Deathcards that I have, and would be willing to Post them for me, please send me an e-mail.
                            I know they are not original photos as such, but they may be of interest.
                            Regards,
                            RAY.

Comment

Hello Ray,

Welcome to the forum and this thread. Photos have certainly contributed to the high interest in collecting WW2 Militaria. It's a large and important part of my collection that provides the visual history of what the soldiers experienced (Hitler youth, RAD, Army, Navy, Airforce, SS, Death/POW) to the end of their war. You can send me scans of your FJ death memorial cards and I will post them for you. I also collected the DMC's I use to have about ten thousand but traded most of them off to a friend for FJ and tropical stuff. I kept a thousand of the most interesting ones and presently have over one hundred FJ DMC's. I will PM you my email addresse. Cheers! - Bill

Originally posted by amydron
                              An amazing array of photos in this thread!
                              It's astonishing just how many personal photographs were taken by members of the German forces before and during WW2.
                              If anyone is interested in seeing 2 FJ KRETA Deathcards that I have, and would be willing to Post them for me, please send me an e-mail.
                              I know they are not original photos as such, but they may be of interest.
                              Regards,
                              RAY.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
                                Hi Simon,

Great photos!! Thank you for sharing. I recall someone on ebay outbidding me on them. Funny thing is the last photo you posted I had the very same three FJ standing together showing their FJ Regt 1 Cufftitles. It was in my collection and I traded it off to Eric Queen. Bill
                                Hi Bill,
                                Small world isn't it....... I hope it wasn't me that out bidyou on ebay . Anyway on the group walking down the street, is it my eye's playing tricks or is the cuff title on the FJ on the right appears rather loose almost pinned on as opposed to stiched on??
                                Regards
                                Si

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,687 at 02:12 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X