Rbnr Firm 0/0708/0001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rbnr Firm 0/0708/0001

Does anyone have an idea about which company have the 0/0708/0001 ?

It is a LW jumpsmock maker, at least from 1943 and onwards to 1945, and it
    could be located in the vicinity of northern Stuttgart.

Anyone have any Idea?

Best Jan

That's another one I haven't been able to identify. But, you are correct; near Stuttgart.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I think I´ve seen this Rbnr on an other flight gear, but I can´t remember
      on what. Have you ever seen it on anything else but jumpsmocks?

Best Jan

Comment

Jan, I have only seen it on FJ smocks. But then, I don't collect flight gear. Will ask some friends over the next few days.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

OK great, it could be a new lead to follow if it turns up on some other gear

Jan

Comment

Hi All
            I found a firm I believe is a strong contender to this Rbnr.0/0708/0001.
            I think it could be the firm Bekleidungsfabrik Habelt(Fritz) Crailsheim Wrttbg.
            The firm are situated in the correct “county/part”a little northeast of Stuttgart not long from the towns Westheim-/0704/-, Bad Mergentheim-/0706/-, Mosbach-/0710/-(Baden),
            Lauffen and Bletigheim-/0713/-. and Ludwigsburg -/0714/-.
            The firm are a big LW and KM Uniformmaker from early on.
            The strong numbers of jumpsmocks turning up nowadays from the firm 0/0708/0001 would suggest a big factory.

And a small hint that it might actually be this firm, is that on the “namelabels” from early time up to 1943 the firm uses the label to stamp in size and end number. 194___ Grösse____.(see pic. Below).
            And on the firms 0/0708/0001 earliest known smock(I know of) the “tropical splinter” materials, which also uses taglabels for firm Rbnr and Grösse___ 194___. (see pic. Below).
            There are though a use of different terms on the labels between Baujahr(Buildingyear) and
            Lieferjahr(date on delivery). (Labels are replaced with stamps on 1944 and 1945 jump smocks).

Not many firms do this precise kind of writing the last digit on them.
            One problem though is that I can´t seem to find other LWclothing with the Rbnr 0/0708/0001
            number in it, and I haven´t any idea if there are any KM uniforms with the Rbnr 0/0708/0001in it either?? I anyone have seen ANY other clothing than jump smocks where this Rbnr are on,
            or if anyone has any facts that supports or disproves this theory.
            please let me know.

Opinions are appreciated.

Best Jan
            Pre-war Label

Early war Label Pre Rbnr(upto around1943).

Label with Rbnr.(from 1943).

Stamp 1944

Stamp 1945
            Last edited by Jan43; 07-22-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Read about the destruction of Crailsheims and the Kleiderfabrik Habelt here;

http://crailsheim-geschichte.de/12.html

Best Jan

Comment

Hallo All
                Well I think the final proof are in on this one.
                Which makes it pretty safe to say that bekleidungsfabrik Fritz Habelt are in fact Rbnr. 0/0708/0001.

First
                The 0/0708/0001 firm did also make LW flight suits and 2 piece flight jacket and pants as Habelt did.

Second
                The 0/0708/0001 firm also use “Baujahr” (as Habelt´s 42 and back dated labels) on it´s 43 dated labels, but
                changes this later to “Lieferjahr” (probably sometime during 1943).
                See pics.
                “Baujahr” On a 43 dated flight pants

And “Lieferjahr” on a 44 dated flight pants

Third and last
                As we know form the zipper pull taps study, the different manufactures sewn their own taps onto zippers, and each tends to have their on styles of sewing patterns, we can see that this also fits between the two
                F. Habelt and 0/0708/0001. And we know the 0/0708/0001 favored the square pattern (along with the trapezoid like with a curved lower seem away from the zip)
                F. Habelt 42 dated flight suit.with a metal RiRi square pattern.

0/0708/0001 43 dated plastic RiRi with square pattern.

Best Jan

Comment

Hello Jan

I believe i have seen this maker also in leather km sets. It reminds me to a leather km jacket i once had

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Hi Erwin
                    Thanks for the info, I haven´t seen any KM yet from this maker, but then again I haven´t seen much KM uniforms, but I do know another KM uniform maker i the same town, and his name are Karl Hohenstein Lederbekleidung Crailsheim.
                    If you see any KM uniform from Habelt 0/0708/0001 then please post the pictures on this thread, as it would be nice to see what else this firm did make.

Best regards Jan

Comment

Hello Jan

It didn't have a rbnr but the same logo as in the pictures you have posted.

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Nice presentation Jan!
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Erwin
                          OK if your stumble over one again then please post, beware though as this maker have been faked for a long time.

Thanks a lot Willi

If any one else have any further info on other types uniforms Habelt made please come forward with your input as it would be greatly appreciated

Best Jan

Comment

Love the way you work, Jan

How many FJ smock manufacturers do you have listed now ? I have been working on a similar list for British Denison smock makers, I am up to 20 .

Comment

Hi Steve
                              Thanks a lot, I appreciate your comment a lot

Wow 20 makers of Denison smocks, I didn´t know that, great job Steve

I don´t think I have more makers than you all have(probably less), but my status are as following;

7 known Makers with Rbnr´s.

2 known Makers without Rbnr.

8 Rbnr´s without Makers name. + 2 extra Rbnr´s from Berlin, which Manu82 mentioned but I haven´t seen pictures of myself.

If I count the 2 known makers from Berlin must be among the Rbnr´s mentioned, I have the count of
                              17 Makers.
                              I do though think there are at least 1 more which are the very nice and interesting one of Johns in his book
                              “German Paratroops in North Africa” page 70 with a very special print and fabric, which place I can´t seem to fit in anywhere yet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X