Sturm-Regiment Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturm-Regiment Soldbuch

I want to show you my last find a nice Soldbuch of a Sturm Regiment member. He started as a Pionier in the 7th Luftlande Sturm-Regiment and fought later with the 9th. This unit had bloody losses in Maleme (lost around 400 of 600 soldiers). He saw also action in Russia and later probably in Nettuno (Italy) as member of the FJ Rgt.11 (Maybe some members can tell more about this unit??) after the II.Rgt.6 was "eluted".

It came together a Reichssportabzeichen book (as a Pionier)
    Attached Files

units
    Attached Files

Comment

equipment
      Attached Files

Comment

clothes and weapons
        Attached Files

Comment

awards
          Attached Files

Comment

Reichssportabzeichen
            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Mate !! A very nice Soldbuch to an experienced FJ in a great unit !!

Comment

Fantastic FJ soldbuch. I have a WP to a member of LL Sturm Rgt 1 who also jumped at Crete and also served in FJ Rgt 6 and FJ Rgt 11 at the same time as the man shown here but in different battalions. FJ Rgt 11 was a component of 4 FJ Division and fought at Anzio in 1944 and remained fighting in Italy until it surrendered to, I think, the British & Canadians.
                See here... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=487395 ...for the campaign page of my Wehrpass which might help you track the path of your man.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by hucks216; 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM. Reason: Attachment taken from http://www.feldgrau.com/4FJD.htm

Comment

I love the Witzig signatures ! Especially on the sportsbadge doc !

Comment

thanks Hucks for youe effort.

@Stephan: I missed it at once and noticed it just today. I cannot say I was disappointed

Comment

I missed out on this one as well. Nice one Edgar!

Information on FJR.11 and even the 4.FJD is difficult to find, I believe very few German war diaries seem to exist for entire Anzio front.

Comment

Very nice Edgar.

Regards, Rob.

Comment

Very interesting.
                          I always wondered if he would have kept the same erkennungsnumber 62823/44 for the whole duration of the war?

Luca

Comment

Why not?
                            A dog tag was usually replaced just in case of loss or destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                              Why not?
                              A dog tag was usually replaced just in case of loss or destruction.
                              Hi Ironcrown,
                              Genuine question as I don't know if being re-assigned would imply or require a new or different erkennungsnumber.

Luca

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X