Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regimentals M38 blatant forgery

A Leopard dosen't change it's spots !

Regimentals Item # 54071 M38 Camo helmet ET68 is a helmet that has recently been put together using parts from a helmet that was once in my collection.
    The camo itself should raise concerns but the liner ( recognisable from the hand printed numbers ) came from a M38 SD ET71 with a war time fitted size 58 liner. The helmet was originally purchased from Bob I and was correctly described as having a war time replacement liner in a smaller size. This was not an unusual modification, evident in war time photo's, as some FJ prefered the look of a larger shell & fitted a smaller liner for the correct fit. In all, the M38 SD was un messed with and had the right look.
    In 2009, I traded this helmet with fellow collector/friend & forum member GregB, who was wanting an example to display along side his extensive Brit Airborne collection. Several months latter, Greg sold/traded the M38 to Regimentals to fund the purchase of some more tasty desirables.

End of story.......not on your nelly !

Last year on one of Regimentals updates, I noticed a very familiar M38 ET71 SD for sale. This one had a size 59 liner fitted, correct for this size shell but......not original to this helmet as this was the helmet that Regimentals had purchased from Greg with the original war time fitted size 58 liner. Sadly, I didn't save photo's for comparison but as it turns out, I didn't have to.

The following photo's are of the M38 SD ET71 with size 58 liner fitted as it was in my colletion.
    Attached Files

The helmet with decal
    Attached Files

Comment

Now here's Regimental Helmet @ 5959.00 GBP
      Attached Files

Comment

With my old liner fitted.

GERMAN M.38 PARATROOPER CAMOUFLAGE HELMET.
        An exceptional paratrooper helmet being of the standard M.38 configuration. The helmet is a textbook early to mid war example, the interior being painted in the dark slate blue/grey colour. The lining is made in the typical high quality fashion. There is a good Karl Heisler, Berlin stamp as well as the usual sizing details. There is a number indelibly inked to the liner being '36563798' we are not sure whether this number is a German number or maybe a number of a serviceman who captured the helmet. The Sorbo rubber lining throughout is semi rigid. The helmet is manufactured by ET and a good size 68, with a lot number of '4779'. The chin straps are generally good and there is one very well executed repair to the left hand side chin strap, this has been very neatly covered by fixing the male press stud element in place. We can assume that this one area of damage was caused by the helmet being cut from the body of a dead paratrooper, this was fairly standard when helmets were souvenired. To the exterior of the helmet is the typical camouflage finish, which has been attributed to the 6th Fallschirmjager Regiment, most of their helmets have been captured in the Normandy area and were brought back to America by their opposite numbers in the American Airborne Forces. The finish consistent through all of these helmets is a rough wood grained finish of tan with green stripes sprayed over to create a stunning effect. The patination throughout is excellent, there is approximately 70% of the original paint present with some dings and scratches and areas of paint loss. There is some rust bleed to the crown area of the helmet, however the paint remains superb throughout with an excellent patination. The overall condition of the helmet is excellent and the helmet remains an absolutely textbook example of the Normandy paratrooper helmet.

Code: 54071 Price: 5950.00 GBP
        Attached Files

Comment

not a suprise for me,this company has ripped off collectors since realy long time.

Comment

A more deliberate attempt to knowingly deceive & defraud potential customers I doubt you will find.

Mike

Comment

thats not a FJR6 camo for sure by the way

Comment

unbelievable. Someone has to invite him to see this post. Is he a member?

Comment

Regimentals really have done it this time. This is fraud!!!

Thanks for posting. Now we know where not to go shopping!

dot-byf

Comment

Originally posted by dot-byf View Post
                    Regimentals really have done it this time. This is fraud!!!

Thanks for posting. Now we know where not to go shopping!

dot-byf
                    Its a huge list!
                    Regards!
                    Kevin

Comment

What a Wanker!

I put a lot of money their way in the very early '90's when they still had their shop in Islington, London

Luckily it was low end stuff, however I almost parted with £2000 for an M38, close call as at the time the available reference information was not readily available as it is now

Malcolm "shaft you in the quishter" Fischer should be Black balled by every single collector worldwide

I still visit his tent when he trades at Beltring each year, just for a laugh to see how rediculously priced his items are, fake or otherwise

Unforgivable!!!

All the best,

Mark.

Comment

This does not suprise me in the least !!! If you want to buy crap this is the place !! Ohhh I forgot to mention they are quite rude and ridiculously overpriced as well !!

Comment

Ok folks, let's move on. The point has been made. In the FJ section we talk about items and not the people involved with them. Personal comments are not something we allow. Thanks.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The helmet was removed from internet site. But by the way - what do you think about camo ?
                            Regards,
                            Piotr

Comment

Hi,

How many of those items will be "flying" over some collector´s hands and they think to have top items

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X