X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMME Parabadge ?

Hi,
    This question is asked by John Hodgin :

What are the opinions of these "slender" eagle para badges? This Imme marked badge isn't like other Imme's I've seen.
    Did Imme produce two style badges or is this a reproduction? Have also seen Deumer marked badges like this.
    Think I remember a period photo of one of these though.

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

JMME Back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Isn't the swaz rather thin?

Comment

Here's a picture of another Jmme badge to compare.
        It's one Detlev had once for sale,unfortunately the picture isn't that clear,but we see a same sort of eagle,the reverse of the wreath looks a bit different to me though.
        Above the eagle's beak we see the same leaf on both badges.
        The same sort of three nailed claw,hinge and catch look familiar.
        Maybe just like the early Assmann badges the badge John shows us is a early type ?
        Early types turned out to be thinner than the later badges.
        I must confess I never saw this "early" pattern before,so maybe other members have seen it before or have it in their collections ?

Regards,
        Jos.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 05-12-2002, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I have a JMME Para badge that looks just like John's badge that I got from Mike Tucker. It was described as an "early" JMME. Brass rivets; burnished swastica and high-points with a trace of gold gilt in the recesses of the tombak eagle, and a file-finished wreath. Details are very good except around the talons. Here is the link:
          http://photofile.homestead.com/files/parajmme2.jpg
          Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

I've noticed two types of hinge/pin configurations on JMME pilot and PO badges. The first has a bit wider, thinner hinge, and a catch more in the shape of a J than a C (like John's badge). The second has a hinge which is a bit thicker and shorter, and a catch more the shape of a C (like Niemann's). I'm not sure about the para badge, but JMME Po and pilot badges are identical in die characteristics to a Juncker 2nd pattern. The first hinge and catch set I mentioned is also the same as Juncker. I have always thought the two firms had some kind of relationship

Comment

Hi Guys,

Though I am not a badge guy, I do have several FJ badges and look at every one I see at shows. So, I have to ask this question. Do you guys like that second badge that Jos posted? And, have you all seen the latest repros coming out of Hungary that have all those little details correct that everyone seems to focus on. Just curious as they look nice, sell for $125 or so and seem to have that same bright look to them.......same details on the back. I even saw a repro Heer jump badge in case that was engraved from the same lot and the same dealer who picked them all up in Europe. Pilot's badges too......

Regards,

Willi
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X