Para Badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para Badge?

What do you guys think of this one? it is made of zinc with the finish remaining on very small areas...

I know, I know

.. overall quality is excrable (sic)! The source has assured me that it a late war example. Rivets are impressed into the badge. Pin is magnetic.

Comment

Hallo Eric,
      Howmany of these do you want ??
      Every month we have a show here in Antwerp (Belgium) and certain people are there only having these kind of badges.
      They have all the same hinge and tiny catch and are crudly cast,sometimes some traces of rubber are still in these badges,they are cast in rubber molds.
      So this is one you can use to go out fishing if you need some weight to keep your worms on the bottom.
      Average price,I think $ 3.-

Regards,
      Jos.

Comment

late war para badge

Hello,
        Jos is correct, this isn't an authentic badge. I have a nice example of a late war para made of tombak and zinc. The original finish is gone but the detail is still very fine. Will try to get someone to post photos of it on my "para badge with brass rivets" thread as it's the one I was talking about.
        Best,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi Eric,

I have to agree with the other guys here. This is one of the crudest repros floating around, probably a poor cast, possibly in soft metal. Details are very poor and the least they could have done was to file the excess flashing out of the gaps between the upper swastika arms! That type of square cast in block hinge arrangement (not to be confused with GWL or Assmann hinges which are tapered on the sides) is almost a dead-giveaway as a repro. Pins which protrude significantly past the bottom of the badge are also a bad sign (assuming no repairs are evident). Evaluate the badge, not what the seller tells you!

Regards
          Mike K
          Last edited by Mike Kenny; 05-08-2002, 07:39 PM.
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

John Hodgin's parabadge.
            Attached Files

Comment

and the back.
              Attached Files

Comment

Late War Para Badge

Hi Eric,

Here is the late war badge I mentioned on the earlier post. The detail is good though the badge has lost it's finish. Of interest is the fact that the tombak eagle and the zinc wreath both had a silver wash. Perhaps a gilt coating was applied over the eagle's silver finish? Though late war, this badge has very fine brass rivets.

Many thanks wespennest!
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks very much, guys!

You have confirmed my thoughts--just wanted to get another opinion or two. The only thing that I can add is that it is made of hard zinc and the finish was exactly the like the type on genuine badges I have now or have owned in the past.

The guy that sent it to me sent it to me unbidden and 'on approval'...
                  Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 05-09-2002, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Eric,

this badge is made in Poland. The hinge and pin and metal is caracteristic from there.

Here in Italy,as in Belgium or Germany as said Wespennest are full of these.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Thanks, Ivan!

I said " Non me rompa le cazza" (sic) to the person that sent me the badge
                      and "Andiamo!" to the badge!

Molto grazie,
                      e-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X