Twede Tol EK2 Award Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twede Tol EK2 Award Documents

From reading this forum and others, I have learned that almost all EK2 docs awarded for the attack on Holland (FJR1) were stamped Twede Tol and were signed by Bruno Brauer. It also appears that recipients from II./FJR1, for fighting at Moerdijk, all had the unit listed under the recipient on the actual award document. According to Eric Queen in this thread... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=twede, the exception was 6th Company.

Documents that do not include the unit under the recipient's name appear to be from III./FJR1 for the fighting at Wallhaven (or Dordrecht). Posted below are two documents assumed to be from III Battalion; neither includes the recipent's unit.

The first is to an FJ who later served with 14th Company at Crete - he may have been part of 14. Coy for Yellow, but that is yet to be proven. Either way, it looks like he was affiliated with III./FJR1 for the attck on Holland.

The second is to another FJ for fighting in Holland, but also does not include a specific unit under the recipient's name. On close inspection, the "Twede Tol" and date stamps are different than on the first one posted (as well as on the doc listed in the thread mentioned above). So, my question is, does anyone have a "Yellow" related EK2 doc that shows similar stamps? I'm curious as the different stamp types may be a clue as far as figuring out which unit the recipient belonged.

Any help is appreciated. And, at a miniumum, I'd love to see more EK2 docs related to the attack on Holland in May, 1940.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian R; 09-03-2010, 03:16 PM.

It's been a long time, so I thought I'd bring this thread to the top. Any Twede Tol documents out there?

Comment

great and special documents, especially because Tweede Tol in Dordrecht is in my backyard.

would love to see more....

martin

Comment

Here are 2 EK II documents ( Twede Tol ) I have - they are part of groupings belonged to :
        Helmut Baumann - was wounded on 10.5.1940,spent some days in a hospital in Dordrecht,later received WB in silver for that injury,seen action in Legion Condor before WW2,holder of Spanish Cross with swords in bronze,Medalla de La Campana, 4 years service medal,Commemorative medal for 1.October 1938.
        Dietrich Teich - also received Narvik schield,EK I,GAB,seen action in Holland,Narvik,Creta,Russia and Italy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great documents, thanks for showing. I'm very curious as to what units these guys belonged. As their stamps are similar to the second one shown above, I would assume they are related to III./FJR1. However, the second one to Teich is especially intriguing as he was awarded a Narvik Shield but made it back to fight in Holland. Thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
            Here are 2 EK II documents ( Twede Tol ) I have - they are part of groupings belonged to :
            Helmut Baumann - was wounded on 10.5.1940,spent some days in a hospital in Dordrecht,later received WB in silver for that injury,seen action in Legion Condor before WW2,holder of Spanish Cross with swords in bronze,Medalla de La Campana, 4 years service medal,Commemorative medal for 1.October 1938.
            Dietrich Teich - also received Narvik schield,EK I,GAB,seen action in Holland,Narvik,Creta,Russia and Italy.
            Very nice Gustav.....

Great stuff
            martin

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
              I was waiting for it..........................

Comment

Twede Tol

Well done Brian!!
                Here,s an older thread of some years ago.http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthrea...ight=twede+tol
                Regards Mark

Comment

LOL, they constantly wrote "Twede Tol" on all documents in a incorrect and wrong way....

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                    Great documents, thanks for showing. I'm very curious as to what units these guys belonged. As their stamps are similar to the second one shown above, I would assume they are related to III./FJR1. However, the second one to Teich is especially intriguing as he was awarded a Narvik Shield but made it back to fight in Holland. Thanks again...
                    Helmut Baumann: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=27

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X