Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed with FJ Regiment

Hello,

I have not found any trace of the FJR 63 in my archive so I was wondering if somebody has some information about it.

Page 4 :

Page 17 :

Thanks !
    Jean-Yves

Hi Jean-Yves,

I will have to do some research, but off the top of my head I do recall that FJR63 was sent to Festung Breslau at about that time. Only a few German references seem to discuus the units involved. Only an educated guess at this time.........

Regards,

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Thank you very much. I will have a look in my books too.

JYN

Comment

hello :
        A schematic of the development of the German Fallschirmtruppen from its formation to the end of the war lists II./Fsch.Rgt. 25 and III./Fsch.Rgt. 26 of 9.F.J.Div. to have been sent to Festung Breslau. A Rgt. 63 is not listed.
        Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Hi Bernhard and JY,

Yes, you are correct...FJR63 was not there. I tried to do some more research, and checked most of my German references. I could not come up with anything regarding FJR63. I did find that Fallschirmjäger Bataillon 62 became III/FJR26, which is how I probably came up with FJR63. Seems to be quite the mystery as no source identified a FJR63. Given the unusual FJ formations which existed in 1945 it is hard to know for sure.

Regards,

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

I also checked all my German references before sending the Post. I don't have the Tessin's book so if somebody could have a look at them; we will probably find the solution. Thank you in advance.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X