Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ unit pins - opinions?

Hello guys,
    reading some old threads here I decided to post 3 FJ unit pins I have in my collection.Because of the scarcity of them (espec. Meindl and LLSR ) I would appreciate your opinions and comments.There are not many to compare with
    on the web.The markings on the Meindl are covered.
    Regards
    Gustav
    Attached Files

front
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

another
        Attached Files

Comment

IMO good original ones. The 1st Fallschirmkorps pin can't be considered as scarce as the others. I see at least two for sale each time I attend a show and they are now much cheaper than years ago.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            IMO good original ones. The 1st Fallschirmkorps pin can't be considered as scarce as the others. I see at least two for sale each time I attend a show and they are now much cheaper than years ago.

Pierre
            Yes, all genuine. The Sturm pin is very rare.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Great set Gustav! That Sturm Rgt one is killer, and the Meindl one is a nice one as well! Congrats!
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Lovely badges !
                Can someone indicate the relative values ? I don't mean how much, just how they compare.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                  Can someone indicate the relative values ? I don't mean how much, just how they compare.
                  At some point (perhaps 14 years ago or so when the 1st FS Korps pins were discovered, and some thought there would only be a small handfull coming) they were about 1 to 1 to 1. But, that is no longer the case. Does that help?
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                    )..... they were about 1 to 1 to 1. But, that is no longer the case. Does that help?
                    No !

How about today ? 5 to 1 to 5 ?

Comment

Thanks to all for your comments
                      Is the Sturm pin rarer than Meindl?Can someone post the photo showing Sturm pin in wear?There are photos showing Meindl and 1.Fallschirmkorps pins in wear but I have not seen photo with Sturm pin yet,except for hand made comet badge.
                      Thanks
                      Gustav

Comment

Giday Gudtav,

Firdtly, thank you for posting pictures of the various FJ pins from your collection. They all are quite beautiful.

To answer your question, if a collector wanted to purchase a 1 Fallschirmkorps pin, I suspect that he could find one for sale on the net without too much trouble.

The Division Meindl pins are quite rare. I think that I have only seen possibly five pins for dale during the past fifteen years that I thought were genuine. (In my collection I have a nice miniature version of the Meindl pin. It is the only example that I have ever seen.)

As for the Sturm Regiment pin, I have been looking to buy one of these pins for years. They are extremely rare. Detlev sold one several years ago that I missed and I know of one other in a collection.

If you want to know the price of the pin that Detlev sold on his website, please send me a PM.

Best wishes,

Ian

Comment

Two came up this morning with a Luftwaffe officer's side cap, shoulder boards and an eagle for the white summer jacket.

Pierre
                          Attached Files

Comment

Does the 1. Fallschirmkorps pin exist in two sizes?

Pierre

Comment

Here are mine:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X