Tropical Lightweights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Lightweights

Hey Willi, are those your trop lightweights in Kurtz's book? If so, would you mind shooting me a closeup of the webbing? I'd like to compare a possible pair with what you've got on yours. Thanks.

Hi Jack,

No those aren't mine. But, I do have a mint set that are both maker marked and '42 dated. I saw that you got a pair from ebay.....from Denmark I think. Can shoot you a photo sometime this week.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi, if you could, that would be great. I looked in Kurtz's book tonight and saw that the strap on the right side of the set in the photo also appear to be shorter than the left side. Any explanation for this? Thanks for your help and insight.

Comment

trop. Luft. Y straps

Yes, one side appears longer because Chris didn't have two tropical D rings and has the straps incorrectly rigged. Both sides are the same length.
        Regards,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi Jack,

As John, mentioned those pictured straps are intact....the presence of only 1 d-ring makes it look off balanced. Here is a photo of mine. And, a closeup of the maker marks and date. If I recall correctly, the ones you just got are shped the same way way.

Regards,

Willi

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X