Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

II./Sturm-Regiment Plaque

Hi,

This plaque is in brass and circa 26 cm. If they are Comets plugged, I would like know if somebody has this kind of plaque in his collection.

Jean-Yves Nasse

Hi Jean-Yves,

That is superb!!! I wish I had some in my collection to share! Very, very unique.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Its in the post so I shall received next week. I like the way it's done. It doesn't seems to be a post-war plaque which was made for a special anniversay event.

Do you know anything similar for any other units ?
      Thanks

JYN

Comment

plaque

Greetings,

It's not likely post war with the swaz. in the eagle's talons. Never saw one like it before; very interesting and a fine piece.
        Best,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi,

"IM KAMPF AUF KRETA" is more a wartime phrase than a post-war veteran association remenberance thing. I will contact some survivors from this Bataillon. This is the only solution, I have got.

Jean-Yves

Comment

As John mentioned, with the swaz it is unlikely to be postwar. Same goes for the wording...classic 3rd Reich style. Words like that honoring the sacrifices for "Grossdeutschland" were not used after the war. And no JY, have not seen another unit do such a thing. There are mugs from the various regiments and I do have a cased porcelain medallion commemorating Kreta.

Willi
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Giday Jean-Yves,
              What a lovely piece.

The plaque reminds me of the commemorative mug given to members of the 3rd Bataillon of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 3 upon their return from Crete. Perhaps the plaque was given to survivors of the 2nd Bataillon of the Sturm Regiment as a momento after the capture of Crete.

Like everyone else, I would be most interested to learn more about the piece.

All the best,

Ian Tannahill

Comment

Not an expert by any means, but the style of lettering seems very postwar-ish to me. I'd be very cautious of this piece.
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Beautiful piece, JN. Very nice indeed. I have not seen anything like this before although have seen, as Willi and Ian mentioned, the mugs and medaillions commemorating the jump on Crete. The only thing I have that is remotely close ( a wall hanging plate/plaque ) is this one from the FIK. It was given to Louis Helwig in 1938.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you all for your comments.
                    Gene, I have in my documentation a 1940 illus. dictionnary (Der Sprach-Brockhaus) which I am using when I have got some difficulties with the deutsche Schreibschrift or the Sutterlin... 1941 is using the common 40s lettering.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X