luft para & army para stick pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luft para & army para stick pins

Please can someone tell me what the goig rate is for luftwaffe and army para stick pins.

Thanks

Rick

A"real" FJ stickpin would bring about $60-80......but they are rather rare. The majority of those offered for sale are reproduction..and they still bring $30. Ebay and other auction houses sell them all the time. Maybe some of us should post some pics of real ones.......any interest out there?

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Decided to post a closeup of a Luft ground combat badge and jump badge stickpin. Textbook examples to compare with all the repros. Both of these are 8mm, or about 3/8ths of an inch. You can see the nice frosting and the detail on such a small item. The repros are never made to this detail.....even the pin is well made. And, almost all repros are way too large.......1/2 inch plus.

Willi
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Dear Willi,

What about 16mm stickpins of those badges, do they exist?

Cheers, Frank H.
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

By no means am I any kind of authority on stickpins. I do know what I like and what I don't however. And, have seen many stickpins with EKIs and IIs......wound badges, infantry assualts.......etc. Even stickpins with multiples.........they have all been 8mm. As these are designed to be worn on the lapel, 16mm or about 3/4 of an inch seem awfully large. And, have never seen one (16mm) which looked real.......these things are rather rare. Just my opinion........Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Dear Willi,

I was asking because the 16mm size is VERY common (along with the 9mm size) and without doubt accepted for Heer stickpins like the IAB, GAB, PAB and even crosses like the EK, KVK, Hindenburg, etc and Kriegsmarine awards. No doubt most of these ARE originals. I was just wondering about the LW stickpins since all I have ever seen and that looked original are 9mm.

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank I have a LW. OBSERVER'S Badge and a AIR GUNNER'S Badge in 16mm. and other LW in 9mm. along with some KM and Heer.pins in both 16 and 9mm......jnoble

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X