FJ Regt. 1 Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Regt. 1 Title

Sorry for the poor scan quality. This item measures approx. 14.75 inches long and is approx. 33mm wide. Made of very soft wool and backing behind lettering consists of a yellowed cheesecloth-type material. Opinions?

reverse

back:

Comment

Another reverse pic:

Once again, sorry for poor quality of pics!

Comment

It looks 100% original to me. I had one just like it. I know really well the person I got it from, and he picked it up in the late 1960's. It is certainly true that they were reproducing these even then, but not like this.

EQ

Comment

Yes, I agree with Eric. That cufftitle is original. The fabric is more like a felt type material. I have one just like it, but for FJR2....and have seen a few others in highly respected collections. And, I do mean "exactly" like yours.......same fabric...same backing....exact same lettering.

Did you just pick it up or are you parting with it?

WZ
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

~ You

And just to make the hat trick, a third positive reaction. Your cufftitle looks A-OK to me. The machine embroidery is identical to mine and to other originals I know. Very nice! Don't you also have an original FJ-R2 cufftitle?

PK

Comment

Thanks very much, guys!

While I am not a big cloth collector per se (or a Third Reich collector at that), I do have a comparatively modest but in my opinion nice collection of items that have just resurfaced after my move into a new residence. I started out with 3rd Reich items at the age of thirteen while living in Germany and moved on to Imperial items (Europe in general) probably around the age of eighteen.

WZ, I have had it for years. I wasn't planning on selling it but as we all know
              everything has it's price!

Prosper, I couldn't remember which one I showed you... and yes, I have a similar example for FJ rgt. 2. Similar in the sense that the backing extends past the lettering on the title. Other than that, it is of identical construction.

Thanks again for your opinions. I'll post more items over time but they will probably be quite scattered throughout the Forum, as I don't have very many FJ items (I think) but who knows what will pop up!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X