Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unkown FJ signature help please

Hello,

Can anyone help me to identify the signature from the following Generalleutnant der FJ truppe ?

Any help is much appreciated => im sorry if i put this on the somhow wrong forum ( Falschirmjäger forum or the award doc. forum +> i think it is most in its place here )

does anyone know more about the unit and for what war theather or specified action this person could have received his EK 2 ? ( i have erased the name artificial on strict request of the owners family )

THanks for the help,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Hello Stijn:
    the signature is that of Gen.Lt. Walter Lackner who is listed as the permanent ( staendiger Vertreter) deputy of the commander of the 1. Fallschirm-Armee as of its formation in March of 1944, (per K. Mehner)
    While the date on the certificate is that of the Invasion of Normandy it is doubtful whether thare is a connection because of the timelag between recommendation and actual bestowal.
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

dates on award docs.

Hello BBHolst,

Thanks for the info regarding the signature => regarding the date on the document , i also noticed that at this date the invasion in Normandy started but i also do not believe this is related towards this event.

This document is not towards a FJ but towards a Glider pilot ( most of these guys did not reach any high end awards !!!! ) , it could help us in tracing where the LLG 2 was during this time +> can anyone help here ?

The LLG 2 was mainly equipped with DFS 230 => and as a sidenote i received the airplanes flightstick along with this doc ( when i gett a digital camera i wil post pictures of it )

Greetings,
      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Hello Stijn and Happy Birthday with of course many returns.
        Per Tessin L.L. Geschwader 2 as of 1943 was down to one operational Gruppe (I.Gruppe)without a Geschwader Stab . This was the one listed on the document shown (3./ L.L.G.2). It was based Febr./May 1944 on Hagenau which I believe to be situated in Alsace. (It too was dissolved in Sep.1944.)
        BTW: in March 1944 strong German forces incl. to the best of my memory from reading about it, a small glider transported Fallschirm unit, were deployed against a large French resistance pocket in the HauteSavoie. The name of "Vercors" sticks to my mind in connection with the French resistance in that general area. It may be possible that the L.L. unit was employed there to transport the F.J. unit to its target area. The time interval would have been caused by the award application making its way to the higher command to which the L.L. unit was subordinated. Just a guess of mine.
        Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X