Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturmabteilung Koch

Greetings,

Has any one ever noticed that the documents for the EK II awarded to members of Sturmabteilung Koch each include an alpha numeric reference in the lower left corner of the document?

The references on the copies of the four documents that I have seen each comprise the letter K followed by a numeral.

Does any one know what the numerals contained in the reference signify?

I understand that all of the paratroopers who were members of Sturmgruppe Granit were awarded the Iron Cross, second class. Did every paratrooper who was a member of Sturmgruppe Stahl, Beton and Eisen also received the Iron Cross, second class?

I understand that all but one of the paratroopers who were members of Sturmgruppe Granit were awarded the Iron Cross, first class. Does any one know whether all of the paratroopers who were members of Sturmgruppe Stahl, Beton and Eisen were awarded the Iron Cross, first class?

I look forward to reading your replies.

All the best,

Ian

I always thought that every man who took part in those missions received the EKII, with some receiving higher awards as well. But now that I come to think of it, I realise that this belief is based purely on hearsay over the years. So, yes, who can give an answer based on knowledge?

PK

Comment

Dear Ian,

I am quite sure that each menber of the Sturmabteilung Koch who did participated at the 10th May 1940' operation received both the EKII and the EKI.
      Concerning the K :
      Is the owner of the four documents is the same ? Is his name begins by K ?
      I just received some original photos (as a gift) from a former menber of the 3./LL-Sturm-Rgt. 1. There is one I really love which have been taken in Crete :

Written on the back : "My Machine ! Malemes 20.05.41"

Jean-Yves

Comment

Giday Jean-Yves,

Thanks for sharing with us the photograph of the glider. My, they do look thin!

In answer to your question, the award certificates for the EK II belong to four different individuals, none of whom has a surname that starts with the letter K.

The only thought I had was that the letter K may stand for Koch?

Keep those thinking caps on!!

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X