• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alessio!!

Fantastic!!!! Great find!!!!!!!
    Keep us informed !!

Cheers!

Comment

Thats interesting the reverse seems to have been painted green at some time! This wasn't 'normal' for these badges. I'm thinking the whole thing was painted green at some point to aid camoflauge? We used to do this with our cap and wings badges or use black tape to cover them up!

Comment

Originally posted by 15parabattalion View Post
        Thats interesting the reverse seems to have been painted green at some time! This wasn't 'normal' for these badges. I'm thinking the whole thing was painted green at some point to aid camoflauge? We used to do this with our cap and wings badges or use black tape to cover them up!
        I don't think so. IMME Para badges often acquire a greenish patina over the years, it is a very common aspect to original badges. Probably has to do with its high copper content of the base nickel silver used for the wreath and the brass of the eagle. Being buried in the ground for 65 years just accelerated this green patina build up IMO.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Thomas, ok but are you sure! It looks like paint to me! No big deal really it just would be good for future reference. However the front does not look 'green'?

Comment

Actually, the more i look the more it does look like a 'patina', so I think you are correct!

Comment

Here is another IMME that shows this green patina well, on an otherwise mint badge. IT is a common aspect of all IMME badges and a good thing to look for on originals, as it is hard to fake such patina.

Tom
              Attached Files
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X