X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimme a brake......

Another ebay treasure........

Hi Eric,

I know very well this helmet. It has been found by a French farmer in an old church located in the little village of Ste-Marie-du -Mont in Normandy.
    It is known to be the helmet which has been worn by Major von der Heydte on D-Day. As everybody red the story; he got hold of the keys of an old church and from the top, he had a look on the D-Day landing scene. He was so focused on the horizon full of warships and barges that he didn't seen pigeons which were over him.
    I am glad that somebody just decided to sell this incredible helmet.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Reminds me of a shop selling "free range eggs straight from the farm" in London a few years ago. Looking at one of these one day, I saw an ink quality control stamp under the chickensh1t. But von der Heydte's helmet will sell. Someone will buy it.

Prosper K

Comment

Damn......this helmet even comes with a 70's vintage GSG9 chinstrap!! How nice of them! I recently saw a fake basket of chicken wire sell on ebay with the desrciption that it was used after the war by a French farmer who used it to carry eggs from the chicken coup. Can you imagine a farmer being so poor to have to remove the chicken wire from a FJ helmet he found just so he could carry his eggs....LOL But, it sold and was sold by a very well-known US Airborne collector and author........in Belgium.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Don't worry this author and collector is also a DEALER !

JYN

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X