Silver Luftwaffe Para Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Luftwaffe Para Badge

Has anyone seen or heard of a silver Luftwaffe Para badge? While we have discussed and shown the silver Army Para Badge. Does one exists in the Luftwaffe Para Badge?
    Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

No serious collector I know believes that anyone ever made a silver LW Para Badge before or during WW2. The only ones I have ever seen were straightforward fakes.

Had any manufacturer offered an 800 silver version of the issue badge, it would probably have been C E Juncker, who did make silver versions of various flight badges for private purchase, including the WH Para Badge, as you pointed out. The fake silver LW Para Badges I have seen bear no resemblance to any badge made by Juncker...or by any other of the LW Para Badge manufacturers of the 1936 - 1945 period.

Hope this helps.

Prosper

Comment

Thanks Prosper, I would have to conclude that these badges do not exists. If Juncker had made one I suppose they would have surfaced by now and the quality would be that of Juncker quality as is the WH Para Badge. While I don't own one thankfully I haven't even seen the fakes but like everything else I'm sure they are out there. While I would love to own a silver WH Badge I would have concluded that they were also made in the luft para badge as well, I would have made a costly mistake. I don't think my crippled kids and the wife on life support would have been able to take the hit.
      Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X