para spanner bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

para spanner bolts

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:24 PM.

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Frank,

I have seen sets of these ( with all washers and nuts ) for sale anywhere from $40 to $100. You have to be carefull though because there are a ton of fakes out there.

I believe there is at least one set (spanner) for sale on ebay right now.

Hope this helps a little,

Eric

Comment

Frank,

If in fact the bolts are painted Luftwaffe blue-gray then you have a problem.....only a very few early pre-war FJ helmets were blue-gray. Most spanner bolts would be the standard Heer gray-green color. Repros of these bolts are very common and could easily have been obtained at a show by anyone, including a vet. If the bolts are painted then they were removed from a helmet....would a veteran do this during the war? Rather unlikely.

On another note, I have not yet seen a real set of 4 spanner bolts with the proper nuts yet on ebay. The only ones I have seen are repros. I was paying $160 for a set of 4 spanner bolts with nuts 6 years ago.......a bunch were found in Belgium. Since then I have only seen repros on the market.......near perfect. 100s coming out of Eastern Europe...aged, rusted, painted. Like Erich said, you have to be careful.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Last edited by Frank Mills; 05-01-2003, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Just had a look at the FJ spanner bolts on ebay..........repro. Blue-gray paint, clearly not original to the bolts. No patina, but lots of recent orange rust to the nuts. Just a set of repros that someone aged and painted blue-gray because of the continuing absurd myth of blue-gray FJ helmets (with the possbile exception of some pre-war very early M37 and M38s). The perfect sign that everyone sees these ebay bolts as repro.........2 hrs to go on the auction and at $36 no one has bid on them.

Willi
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X