X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pz. Div HG & Fallsch. Pz.Div.HG

Hi there,

Hope everybody is OK.
    Let's begin a new thread. We heard a lot of FIK, FIB and regular FJR units Fans but we didn't heard so much of Fallsch. Pz.Div. HG enthusiasts. I am sending a nice EKII document which is related to FJR 1 and to the Panzerdivision HG. Sorry by the 4th of January 1944, this Division was not already a FJ unit but I hope that the FJR 1 mention will make forget the rest.

Jean-Yves

Nice document J-Y. Thought I would stick with the HG theme, so here is a nice set of an early FJ who went to Tunisia as a member of FJR5 and left as a member of "Jäger Regiment HG". A field made EKII for Holland, a Gold Wound badge for Tunisia and a EKI for Tunisia. Note the EKI was signed by the CO of the 10th Panzer Division.

Willi Zahn
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Some very nice documents gentlemen. Thanks for sharing them with everyone.

Of course myself, being a freak for the early stuff, really like the EKII "provisional" type document for Holland that Willi has shown.
      I am not quite sure I can make out the stamp. Is it from the
      Fallschirm-Art-Abteilung? Willi can you or Jean-Yves tell us more about what this unit did in Holland ( which airfield or bridge objectives they were connected to, etc )

Regarding Fsch.Pz.Div."HG", I have never seen any real comprehensive numbers in terms of the percentage of actual jump trained personnel which were attached to this unit ( and their sub units ). They of course did have many "real" paratroopers,but what the ratio was I don't know. I know that there was even an army paratrooper ( Lt. Hans-Georg Lehmann ) who took of the Sturm Btl. of Fsch.Pz.Div "HG" and was awarded the RK on 10.10.44 ( and was killed shortly thereafter the same month )

Wihelm Kuhlwilm was also a very early paratrooper ( receiving the badge in 1939 ) who won the RK with Fsch.Pz.Gren.Regt.3
      "HG" in Nov. of 44 ( I have his soldbuch and wehrstammbuch
      )

Does any one have an educated guess as to what the trained vs not trained ratio was for "HG"? Do you think it would be close to that of the regular Luftwaffe by the end of the war which was around one in seven?

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric and Willi,

Concerning the EKII document and the participation of the Fallsch. Art. Abt.. They have been air-landed on the Waalhaven Airfield and then they were in combat by the Moerdijk bridges sector. The signature is Obtl. Schram (?) who passed away last year.

JYN

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X