Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Para in Cloth

OK, guys, you have to help me here ...

I had a pretty nice Luftwaffe badge collection but never an Army Para. Did you see the cloth version that Detlev offered this morning.

Price was a tad over $1,300 as I recall. I am told this is cheap -- a real steal. I have no idea. What do you think?

Geez, I am really out of touch on prices on the scarce items like this, perhaps.

Mike
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Hey Mike, wow $1300?

I couldn't EVER find myself spitting that much loot out for cloth ... then again I don't collect cloth items so maybe that's why. Will be interesting to hear the experts chime in ....

Comment

I'm certainly no expert, but I've seen these sell for upwards of $2500. So, $1300 is not too bad at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike H View Post
        OK, guys, you have to help me here ...

I had a pretty nice Luftwaffe badge collection but never an Army Para. Did you see the cloth version that Detlev offered this morning.

Price was a tad over $1,300 as I recall. I am told this is cheap -- a real steal. I have no idea. What do you think?

Geez, I am really out of touch on prices on the scarce items like this, perhaps.

Mike
        Authentic Mike, and a deal., very rare badge in cloth.
        Regards,
        John
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A true bargain. Good luck finding another rare badge at such a low price. This is 100 time more rtare than any metallic Heer para badge.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
            A true bargain. Good luck finding another rare badge at such a low price. This is 100 time more rtare than any metallic Heer para badge.

Bob Hritz
            Great point.

William Kramer
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

A rare badge! Only awarded between 1943 and 1945 to the "Brandenburg"- paratroopers. Most of these badges were awarded in mid 1944 after the Fallschirmjäger- Bataillon was trained in Stendal.

I think the price is OK (Weitze wants 2500.- EUR !).

By the way: I still don´t believe that this badge excists in 1937/38 (FIK /FIB).

Comment

Originally posted by FS154 View Post
                A rare badge! Only awarded between 1943 and 1945 to the "Brandenburg"- paratroopers. Most of these badges were awarded in mid 1944 after the Fallschirmjäger- Bataillon was trained in Stendal.

By the way: I still don´t believe that this badge excists in 1937/38 (FIK /FIB).

You vociferated that like a fact..... but I say, that you´re very lonely with such an opinion.......

However, in the last years these cloth Army para badges tend to be shelf warmers and I saw more of them for sale as their Alu or zinc counter parts.

For me there´s not THE good price for such TR artifacts in general (IMHO), there´s a market value.
                Said this, the market value for (indeed) rare cloth Army para badges went downhill like a dry avalanche.
                So Mr. Niemann´s asking price for the badge is logical. Be sure other items will follow....

Good times for buyer, no good times for sellers (that´s life or better, that´s business)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd W. View Post
                  You vociferated that like a fact..... but I say, that you´re very lonely with such an opinion.......

In the last 15 years I was talking to about 50 former members of Fallschirmjäger- Bataillon "Brandenburg" and the Fallschirm-Infanterie: Every Brandenburger knows the cloth badge - most of them got it in 1944 (incl. Major Weithoener) but nobody from the former FIK or FIB had ever heard of that cloth version. Fact is: Both dark green and field grey versions were awarded to Brandenburgers, were is no special FIK/FIB- version. So I don´t think that I am so lonely with my opinion.

...and a cloth badge found in an photo album of a FIK/FIB- member is not a proof for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerd W. View Post
                    I'm with FS154 in this matter.....

Comment

Is there any period picture with such a badge in wear ??

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                        Yes, there are - search for Army Paratrooper badge and you will find some threads.

Cheers,

Al

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                          Only photos made between 1943-45.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X