HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting with Lt. Ernst Sachse Fallschirmjäger II. and III. Btl. of LL-Sturm Regiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing both story and photos. It's obvious that behind each simple and single man there is an amazing life... specially regarding this "young" men , my favourites.
    Best regards. Óscar

Comment

Yes! the story of him coming home patched up and his wife's reaction is a classic!! After the war she also told him that she had a much more difficult time than him as she had to go through hell with the kids whilst he was on "holiday" in the USA

Comment

Who are the two goofy looking guys with the Vet? I thought South Africans were tough guys. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
          Who are the two goofy looking guys with the Vet? I thought South Africans were tough guys. Jacques
          Good one Jacques, we are tough guys but the ladies love the goofy look.

Comment

Really happy for you Shaun!
            Edgar

Comment

Andre and Shaun thank you for this truelly'' once in a life time '' meeting with an FJ Vet and sharing his personal story with us.Fantastic how he still has all his awards God bless Him David

Comment

A remarkable account of a very remarkable soldier! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and details of your visit!

What those eyes witnessed throughout training, deployment to the Eastern Front and such close combat! Simply amazing!

I am absolutley GREEN with envy as I have always wanted to meet an FJ vet! You are extremely blessed to have had this amazing experience!

Comment

Jacques,

I'm sure Andre won't admit which one is him...so is he wearing the blue shirt or the green shirt?

Richard ( I don't want to paste the wrong guys head on another picture in Photoshop.)

Comment

Im the goofy looking one. Shaun was in the Paratroopers Division and I was Equestrian when we did military service

Comment

Hi Guys

Please can you FJ Historians help out with some information on the Sturm regiment at the Neva river . I have asked this question before in another post but not too much was said.

From what MR. Sachse told us yesterday, he was in the 12th Company 3rd Battalion Sturm before Crete. Luckily for him he broke his leg in a training jump before Crete. I'm sure at the time he would have been bitterly disappointed that he could not take part.

Due to the heavy losses in Crete he transferred to the 2nd Battalion 8th Company which was sent to Leningrad (Neva River)

Does anyone know more about the fighting that took place at the Neva River? Especially regarding the Sturm regiment. I have read Klaus J peters book "FJ RGT 3", but this obviously refers to FJ RGT 3.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, or even a web link with some info would be great.

Best Regards
                      Shaun

Comment

Thanks for helping to preserve this man's military service and add value to the hobby. Truly a great day and many thanks for taking the time to share.

Best,

Larry

Comment

fanstastic meeting

Comment

Gentlemen,
                            That is a wonderful post! I am so pleased that you had the chance to meet with the vet and honor him with your time and interest. Looking at his eyes, one just wonders what wonderful and horrible things he has seen.
                            I too have had the chance to meet with WH and FSJ vets. ALL of them have been incredibly interesting and nice to me.
                            I would say that Hollywood got it all wrong.
                            These vets have been given a bumb wrap!
                            I am sure he loved having you there and sharing his past with you.
                            God bless you for your efforts.
                            Die Versoehnung.....
                            Treue um Treue!

Comment

sounds like he could have gotten a silver wound badge, I could be wrong. Your very lucky to meet such a warrior, I know that sounds corny ,but these guys lived through something NONE of us could imagine

Comment

Wow- ! Many thanks for sharing your experience and photos. A very rare encounter indeed - how did you get to meet him ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X