Photos of Late War FJ Helmet...anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben View Post
    This picture was taken about 700 yards from my house near a hamlet called "Plasmolen". It is part of series of pictures taken in that area. The men depicted were members of a 20mm Flakwagon.
    The pictures were taken during Operation Market Garden on the 20th or the 21st of September, 1944, during a counterattack against elements of the 505th PIR, 82nd Airborne Division. The .30 Cal. was captured when the FJ overran an outpost of 1/505th which was at nearly the exact location as were the pictures were taken. Hope this helps.
    Ben, great information and photos! But, I thought it looked like your yard! I hope to visit your area sometime.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

Thanks everybody. You guys absolutely rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
          This picture was taken about 700 yards from my house near a hamlet called "Plasmolen". It is part of series of pictures taken in that area. The men depicted were members of a 20mm Flakwagon.
          The pictures were taken during Operation Market Garden on the 20th or the 21st of September, 1944, during a counterattack against elements of the 505th PIR, 82nd Airborne Division. The .30 Cal. was captured when the FJ overran an outpost of 1/505th which was at nearly the exact location as were the pictures were taken. Hope this helps.
          Hello Ben,

I also thought i could place the picture too. It looked familiar. In Market Garden Then and Now they published also a picture from this series you mentioned. Same crew as yours

It is also from the 3 fsj with the.30 gun. Only this picture is taken from the back of this group. It is on page 509, volume 2.

Regards Erwin
          Attached Files

Comment

Really interesting pictures Ben!! Super! thanks for sharing the story!

Comment

Amazing photo's Ben! Talk about history coming alive in your own back yard. Many thanks for sharing.

Larry

Comment

Must echo Willi and Larry's comments, great contribution Ben! Thanks! We will all be over next weekend for the tour and the big party!

These late helmets are very significant historically.

John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

here is another probably late dated pic with alu bolts :
                  (they still have the regular fj pants )

Comment

Very cool Roger. I have a helmet just like the second from the left. Late, no decal, aluminum bolts, and net wrapped under it (under the liner band on mine).

Interesting to see a splinter clip-on cover on the far right as well.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X