Parachutist Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parachutist Badge

This is my first post. Here see you few picture of my Para-Bagde.

greetz eikop °¿°

Last edited by eikop; 07-14-2004, 03:46 AM.

Well welcome to you and a very nice badge to set out your stall!

Comment

Hi Eikop,

Not wanting to knock your badge but I did possess a very similar one that I eventually sent back.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=17621

or here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=17675

Skip
      LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Para Badge

Hi and welcome,

Your badge looks fine to me and the box too.
        I also had this badge long ago, it was one just about the same, only difference was the catch as mine was of a flat-wire type.

regards,

DJ

Comment

Maybe somebody can post photos of an original Buntmetall Meybauer Parabadge?

Joerg

Comment

Looks like nobody has an 100% original Para Badge with makers Mark Meybauer?
            The Copy of Detlev´s site is not similar with the cased one from Eikop.
            For me the badge looks good.

Here is one I have.

Joerg
            Attached Files

Comment

Rear:
              Attached Files

Comment

Joerg, the one you are showing is a pretty recent fake, also to be encountered with the Deumer maker mark.
                The thing that worrys me a little with the badge shown by eikop is that it only has two talons, a fact that stirred a lot of people when I showed them my badge.
                Another point is the full Meybauer MM.
                The only other badge you often see from Meybauer is the Observer badge, in this case buntmetal badges have the full MM and zinc badges only PM.
                Looking at eikops badge I would say it is zinc, at least the wreath is.
                I´m not saying that its bad, I´m just pointing a couple of things out.

How about posting this over on the badges forum eikop?

It would be great if you could do some pics of the eagle without flash, best of all in daylight.

Skip

Comment

Hi Skip,

yes of course, I know that mine is a fake - that´s why I asked for an original one.
                  But when you compare Eikops with the fake, it is different.

I agree that Eikops Para looks like the wreath is Zinc made.

This is one of the badges that are not easy to identify if fake or good.

I much more like fakes like mine

One look and you are sure about it

I´m really curious what the others will say about Eikops Para.

Have a nice Sunday!

Joerg

Originally posted by skip
                  Joerg, the one you are showing is a pretty recent fake, also to be encountered with the Deumer maker mark.
                  The thing that worrys me a little with the badge shown by eikop is that it only has two talons, a fact that stirred a lot of people when I showed them my badge.
                  Another point is the full Meybauer MM.
                  The only other badge you often see from Meybauer is the Observer badge, in this case buntmetal badges have the full MM and zinc badges only PM.
                  Looking at eikops badge I would say it is zinc, at least the wreath is.
                  I´m not saying that its bad, I´m just pointing a couple of things out.

How about posting this over on the badges forum eikop?

It would be great if you could do some pics of the eagle without flash, best of all in daylight.

Skip

Comment

Hi ,

here you can find mine for comparison. Hope can help you.

http://www.majorplm.com/collections/...auer.Ivan.html

Eikop's case looks a good one.

ivan
                    Last edited by IVAN; 10-13-2003, 02:37 PM.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

In my opinion the Meybauer para badge riddle has not been solved to absolute satisfaction yet. Eikop´s badge and the badge that was discussed in skip´s thread might very well be ok.

The badge that Ivan shows might be good, but it sure is an unusual eagle design. And, on top of that, the eagle design of Ivan´s badge can be found on fakes marked with other maker marks as well. And on badges supposedly original, marked Deumer.
                      Detlev showed a Meybauer para that is quite close to Eikop´s and skip´s, save for the two claws vs. three claws. Quite confusing evidence.

However, I am deeply convinced that Ivan´s badge design is NOT the one and only Meybauer para badge design, rather an early variant made from parts that were not exclusively used by Meybauer.

Cheers, Frank
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

The wreath on Ivans example is really nice and the hinge is what I would expect to see. This is the first "buntmetal" Meybauer Para that I have seen.
                        The eagle on Ivans is really strange, really quiet ugly with "blobby" like talons, I´m not to keen on the rivets either, is´nt that the stretch neck eagle that we have also seen on the Imme variant?

These Meybauer Paras are really confusing, it would be nice to see one from a vet.

Skip

Comment

Maybe we can see some pics taken in a different angle..?

I like to see the sides of the wreath and eagle etc...

We all work with front and back pics...never angles..,it can reveale things sometime ,you know..

I don't know this kind of badge but the darkened wreath is a bit artificial to me..

that's it for now...

I'll be black...!

Jos.

Comment

Hi,

I agree they are rare pieces and with not big knowledges. It's possible that this firm has used different eagles.

notice mine has COA of Detlev.

regards

ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Dear Ivan,

I do not want to put down your badge but let´s face these facts:

-the very same, unusual eagle on your badge has been found on fakes with different wreathes and markings. I have two in my files and present them here.

-Prosper owns/owned a bade with that eagle that was marked Deumer but also had a wreath that was not Deumer. We never were able to conclude finally if it was good or bad. At least it was dubious since it didn´t look like any other Deumer para ever seen owned by any member of these forums.

-Detlev showed a Buntmetall para badge by Meybauer (picture is also attached) as an original which is clearly different (both from yours AND the ones shown by Eikop and Skip). Is that one the real deal?

To be honest, this leaves much confusion what a Meybauer para badge should look like. Honestly I trust the badges produced by Eikop and Skip the most by now. Just gut feeling, no proof and only my very personal opinion. Skip had the badge shown by him for inspection and sent it back to the seller because he and us, after discussing it on the forum, could not come to a 100% conclusion that it was a period Meybauer para badge. But not because it looked bad (I remember that Skip said it looked and felt like a good badge), but because we had no other Meybauer para badge to compare it to and due to the fact that it had 2 claws (like Eikop´s in this thread) where all other para badges by OTHER makers have 3 claws.

It seems that buying a Meybauer para badge will remain an adventure.

Cheers, Frank

PICTURE OF FAKE 1, UNMARKED BUT SAME EAGLE AS ON IVAN`S BADGE, WHICH IS MARKED MEYBAUER.
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X