Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Deumer FJ badge....real and the repro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Deumer FJ badge....real and the repro.

Hello to you all on my debut posting!
    Been a SS insignia and helmet nut for many years and now want to expand into the FJ world! I have been offered an early Deumer badge.........unfortunately my scanner has had a cardiac otherwise I would have posted scans.The badge I have looks and feels the real deal. A high quality piece from a good source.
    I am just concerned as I have not seen the very best repro in Deumer to compare and put my mind at rest. What are the tell tale differences? I would be most gratefull for any help or scans from another collector.
    Thanks in anticipation.

It's probably easier just to compare your badge to an original, early Deumer-made LW Para Badge. The early Deumer Para Badges are arguably the most beautiful and I haven't seen any fakes that come close to reproducing their detail and quality. I have a nicely-worn example which I haven't gotten around to photographing yet but I do have reverse and obverse scans. I'll post them later on, if you like, but I can also e-mail them to you as Quicktime JPEGs - nice and clear but less than 100K so that they download quickly - if you e-mail me so that I have your address.

Hope this helps…

Prosper Keating

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X