Schleifanzug or dragging smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schleifanzug or dragging smock

Just wanted to post this item, I believe that is what this is. You can see in the photos that the label has been removed. Overall really nice condition. Interesting fallschirmjäger item. Enjoy!

Gerard

Rare piece of Fj history Gerard!
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Amazing ,it is mint however the leg straps have been cut.Seems they did not like them (as often seen).

Comment

Well, nobody was dragged in it for sure!

Were they ever used as combat clothing?
        I remember seeing a photo of an Fj near war's end wearing some sort of coverall, could it have been something like this?

Comment

Gerard
          wil be it on your site for sell? Nice stone mint piece, not often see around

Comment

Gerard was kind enough to show this to me the other day. I was surprised at how heavy it was. I guess it makes perfect sense though. We know so little about these but this one appears to be a wartime piece, IMO. Other thoughts? Daniele? The snaps were not of the usual pre-war quality.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thought you guys would like to see this Thats a great piece of FJ history Gerard, Congrats.
              Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding photo Eric! Do you think the helmet is a DD M38?
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Yes Willi, It is, the other Eric has a portrait showing his "beauty" side: an army eagle and the shield decal.

p. 18 of "Fallschirmjager in Portrait" if anyone is interested
                  Last edited by ParaCollector45; 09-25-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yannis View Post
                    I remember seeing a photo of an Fj near war's end wearing some sort of coverall, could it have been something like this?
                    I guess you mean that photo (borrowed from another thread), he is wearing a summer flight combination.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe thats for interest (found it somewhere in the www maybe its copied from an old thread here ?!)

Schleifanzug in action ;-)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Ostmark; 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,
                          I have such a Scheifanzug on e-stand if anyone's interested.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to crash into a thread.
                            But the Para in the background of the "combat photo" appears to be carrying a comparatively rare rifle, the MKB42 - look at the length of the gas tube, unless I am mistaken, it reaches the muzzle.
                            Nothing more to note, just rather cool to see, at least in my opinion - thank you for posting the photo.
                            The drag suits are interesting, too. Thank you for bringing those to the light of day.

Pit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X