Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fj Chute Rucksack?

Hello folks,

I was called over to look at this one today. I was told it was sent back by the vet during the war. The chute has been cut away.

I have attached a few photos. Is this an original WWII chute sack?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Calvin
    Attached Files
    -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

A few more photos...
    Attached Files

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

This is a chute harnes for a pilot, I think this is a harness with the seat parachute, probably for single crew planes as apposed to multi crew planes.

Comment

HI,
        This is a pilot seat type parachute in lovely condition by the looks of it, sorry to say its not Fallschirmjager, but still a desirable item.
        cheers
        bob.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

This harness was shipped back to the US by the veteran. The vet sent this and a few other items to his 12 year old nephew during the war.

The temptation to pull the rip-cord was just too much for the kid! The family was never able to re-pack the chute, and the moths ate it in the attic.

Other than missing the chute, this is in wonderful condition. Not a speck of dirt on it.

Anyone have an idea of value of one of these? I told the family I would try to offer them a fair price for the harness.

Thanks, again.

Calvin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X