Fg42 Loading Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fg42 Loading Tool

currently on e-bay...a magazine loading tool for the FG42, Item number #2191316807. Says it's very rare.
    No idea if it is what it says it is. Perhaps one of our FG fanatics would care to comment.
    Regards
    Steve

Well, I'm not a fanatic, but.......

Dugglesby's Death From Above (FG42 book) lists it as being an FG42 magazine loading tool. So, at least one authoritative source puts it as an FG42 tool. The 15 on the item suggests to me 1915, so it could be for an earlier magazine fed gun such as the MG13 and just got used on the FG42 mags. This is just a theory on my part and I could be way off here.

Comment

The auction also shows a scan from Senich's book on German assault rifles.

That being said, I think I have seen either this item or a very similar tool in an accessory kit for contract MG 13s originally destined for Portugal. These items appeared on the surplus market in Germany a few years ago.

The image in the Senich book shows the tool quite well from above, featuring the issue number "FL 46480".

Does anyone have a list of the FL numbers and what they were used for?

These Bakelite tools have also been offered on German eBay in the recent past, but I don't remember any of them being sold.

/David

Comment

Hi guys, you may find more on eBay #2191935338. The seller said it's a " genuine bakelit german tool for reloading of cartridges from MG 15 double drum magazine "??? In fact, I have an original FG42 10-round magazine & such a bakelite tool on hand......I found the tool is no function to the magazine when I did the same thing just like the photo from Senich's book on German assault rifles I don't know why???
        Regards,
        Joseph

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X