help identifying badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying badge

Im trying to identify a fliegerkorps badge. it has what looks like a fallschirmjaeger eagle on it. at the bottom it says 1941 and at the top it has a bat with wings spread under the bat is the diving eagle. in a circular pattern around the badge it says "eigent??es fliegerkorps" the bats wings cover up a couple of letters on each side but the ones it covered in fleigerkorps were obvious. does anyone know what this could be for? i searched the internet and found zip! thanks, sal

Last edited by sal williams; 09-12-2003, 07:48 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Hi Sal,

I'm responding as requested. Unfortunately, anybody who has waited for the images to load has probably already had a chuckle (or groan).

The "badge" is a pure fantasy piece. The starbust is cast from (or based on) the back of a German Cross, but everything else is pure fantasy - ???special ops Para-vampires??? Be wary of this type of Polish screw-back set-up, there are many other fantasy pieces out there with a similar attachment. Also, any MILITARY award (cross, medal, war or qualification badge) you find with "ges gesech", "wolfschance" or RZM markings are instant repros.

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I suppose what is written on your badge is "Eigentum des Fliegerkorps", meaning "Property of the Fliegerkorps". Doesnt make much sense to have that written on a badge...
      JL

Comment

Thanks Mike and Jean,sorry about the long loading time of the pictures. I am pretty computer illiterate and I guess I have too high resolution? Well I seem to be learning a nasty lesson! I guess I better hustle to the store I bought these from (who said these were originals) and demand my $ back. Hmmmm,... para vampires...sounds plausible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X