Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick pin help

hi
    i have a chance to pick this up...came in a case containing an EK1 and miniature...it is apparent this has been inside the case a long time....
    is it real?...it is much better quality than most miniatures i have seen
    what is it worth?
    i am a novice with paratrooper badges, i have yet to own one that i consider text book...figured i might start with a miniature
    comments appreciated
    mike
    Attached Files

Looks ok to me...

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
    hi
    i have a chance to pick this up...came in a case containing an EK1 and miniature...it is apparent this has been inside the case a long time....
    is it real?...it is much better quality than most miniatures i have seen
    what is it worth?
    i am a novice with paratrooper badges, i have yet to own one that i consider text book...figured i might start with a miniature
    comments appreciated
    mike
    Lucky you.
    It looks ok to me.
    I collect the usual sized badges and defer values on minuatures to someone else.
    Not sure what you mean by "text book" because there were noticeable variations in Fallschirmjaeger badge manufacturers.

Comment

thanks
      i meant that i have not had a text book example from any makers!
      they always have "something" about them and i have not kept for my long term collection.
      so what is the going rate for this stick pin?
      mike

Lucky you.
      It looks ok to me.
      I collect the usual sized badges and defer values on minuatures to someone else.
      Not sure what you mean by "text book" because there were noticeable variations in Fallschirmjaeger badge manufacturers.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Mike,

How large is the badge on this one?

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Mike,While yours has very good detail the one thing that bothers me about yours is it's solid not pierced as all the 9 & 16mm versions of the full size medals I have seen. I know I haven't seen all examples ever made and this one may be just fine but that detail would make me wonder just a little. As far as value for me it would be between $15 & $20. Here's two of mine both 9mm
          Attached Files
          Last edited by James Noble; 09-07-2003, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Here is my 9 mm Stickpin and the Halbminiatur (28 mm). Both are pierced, even the 9mm.

Dietrich
            Attached Files
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Here is my 9mm one, along with a Luft Erdkampf.

How do you guys feel about the solid ones? I have seen quite a few popping up on ebay over the last couple of years.

Willi
              Attached Files
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

A better closeup.

Willi
                Attached Files
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
                  How do you guys feel about the solid ones? I have seen quite a few popping up on ebay over the last couple of years.

Willi
                  I don't like it and find it very unusual. Never seen it and all my 9 mm are pierced where they are supposed to be so. Even the Balloon Observer (16 mm)

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi guys,

But keep in mind that rider´s badges (which are of course cut out in their big form) seem to be ALWAYS solid backed in miniature form. Same goes for one variety of sports badges.

Cheers, Frank
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

What is your opinion on the pin that Mike posted? I know you know stick pins pretty well.

Willi
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

While the full size German Horsemen's Badge, The Horse Driver's Badge and The Care of Horse's Badges are cut out (it's miniture s/p is solid). The full size German Expert Horsemen's Badge and the German Young Horsemen's Badge are both soild. Where Mike's s/p has the proper knurled longpin and small disk attach pad and good detail on the eagle and wreath it's the lack of the cut out that would make me stop and wonder a little as I haven't seen this feature in this s/p before but Mike don't be to quick to dump it as it deserves more research IMO that is.

Comment

Dear Willi,
                          My opinion on Mike´s stickpin that started this thread is undecided. I kind of like the fact that it is solid. As we can see whoever and whenever made this knew how to give that small badge excellent detail. It would have been no big deal to actually cut out the background if this was a fake.

But Mike described that he found this in a EK1 combo case (EK1 with it´s miniature in the case). This case with crosses was discussed on the crosses forum and the EK1 itself is a fake, I don´t know 100% about the case.
                          This of course also sheds some more doubt on the Fallschirmjäger-Miniature.
                          Frankly, I don´t know, all I can say is that I have never seen one quite like it.

Cheers, Frank
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X