Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grann Sasso KC holder

Hello,

Here is a private picture out of my humble archive => a quite well known Glider pilot and KC winner

I would like to see more private pictures from this particular person

Cordial greetings and enjoy,
    Attached Files
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Giday Stijn,

What a cool photograph. I particularly like the photograph because it shows evidence that glider pilots did receive the flight clasp for Transportflieger. Thanks for sharing the photo with us.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Cool photo Stijn,

I recently read that a (the only) Fa-225 glider was flown onto the Gran Sasso along with the DFS-230s. Can you confirm or deny this?

An interesting glider, the Fa-225: a DFS-230 glider with the wings removed and the rotor assembly from the Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 mounted on top.

Thanks,

- James

PS - Who is pilot in your photo?

Comment

Wish I could help! However, interestingly we have an obvious Juncker RK (look at the ring) which appears to be a 'round cornered' Knight's Cross...Photos are so distorting. And, lots of money is spent on this obscure 'evidence'! Unfortunately, people fall for this sort of thing...
        Thanks Stijn
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Elimar Meyer - Wehner

Hello,

This picture is one of my favorite one's => I believe that it is more than clear ( at least to me ) that Glider pilots who earned qualification for a operation clasp in their function as Glider pilots always received a Transport Flying clasp !!!!!!!!!

Iff a Glider pilot is shown with some other clasp ( as for example : Reccon, Bomber ) then it is certain that at the time of his qualification ( the completion of 20, 60 or 100 frontflights ) he was attached as a actual member of such an unit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can certainly deny !!! that at the time of the actual air raid + shortly afterwards a Fa-225 was active at teh Grann Sasso . ( I would not even call this mysterious experimental plane a Glide rplane anymore as it is motorized !!! ), the only planes who landed ( both glider and others ) active at the raid moment where either Glider DFS 230 planes or one Fielser Storch !!!

the Pilot in the picture is Leutnant Elimar Meyer - Wehner

Cordial greetings,
          my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Great pic, thanks for sharing, Stijn
            Antti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X