P37 Holster Personallized? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P37 Holster Personallized? Help!

In my collection, I have a beautiful P37, with holster, that is Luftwaffe marked, and maker marked "JSD 1942." Inside the holster it seems to be personalized, but is difficult to read.
    It has the usual markings inside "Pistol M.37, Kal 7,65mm." But below that is the following:

Prufmstr. Kraurkopf
    L.- 43227
    Lg. Pa. Mu.2

Does anyone know what this is, or what it means? I've had this piece for just over 2 years, and have never found a better looking one yet. I have always been curious as to the markings inside though. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I have pics, but am unable to post them. Email me for pics. Thanks!

Matt

personalized Holster

Hello,

Im sure someone wil track down the " JSD " mark and the 1942 stands for the manufactering year .

Prufmster is German ( Prufmeister ) and if we translate this it means something as a head of control => this brings us towards Prufmeister Kraurkopf ( this wil be the name of the person )

I think the number underneath is a Feldpost number : L - 43227
    ( so here im calling the help of our members who have the FEldpost list ) and once we wil gatherd this info i think your question wil be solved.

Friendly Greetings,
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Thanks for your help
      Hopefully someone else can help us find out the rest of this mystery!?

Matt

Comment

personalized Holster

Hello Matt ,

You are welcome, i have found some additional info for you regarding the Waffenamt code that is stamped into your Holster : jsd

This code stands for : Reinhard Gustav , Lederwarenfabrik, Berlin SW 68 , Brandenburgerstrasse 72-73

Now we wil have to wailt until someon can tel us for what unit the Fieldpostnumber stands for ?

Friendly Greetings,
        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Hi,

Fp Nr. 43227 - 1942/45 - schw. Abtl. IV Feldwerftverband d.Lw.30

JYN

Comment

...and check again that name Kraurkopf. It is most likely Krautkopf with a "t". Kraurkopf would not be a typical way to compose a German family name, since Kraur has no meaning. Not that it really matters, but, well.
            Btw, Krautkopf would mean "Sauerkrauthead" which is pretty cool

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

JYN,

Thanks for the info, but what does all that mean? Do you know where that fieldpost is? and what does the

Lg. Pa. Mu.2 stand for?

Yes the name could be spelled with a "t" rather than an "r". It is difficult to read since its 60 years old, and appears to be hand written inside the holster.

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X