Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay jump smock

Hi

Im curious if this one is real, opinions???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4078

Here come the repro smocks from the Czech Republic!

The nicest repro I have seen to date. Most features were properly done. A few, one in particular, serious errors that anyone who has handled an original will notice on the inside. Let's not help these guys make them better.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi this smock isn't from a recent production, nor is it originally from the Czech Republic. This smock was most likely made in the 1980's in Germany. It is almost identical to several splinters I saw from Germany back then, only the ones I saw were of more accurate fabric than this one. I imagine the original source is the same as the repro. green step in that I posted on the greunmeliert thread. Note that the female snaps used are period and authentic... Also note how artifically rusted they appear
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Well John, I would rather this one be a 20 year old repro, than a new run. I agree on the snaps, and the zippers too, as being original and artificially rusted. Let's hope this is not the first of more to appear.....

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
          Well John, I would rather this one be a 20 year old repro, than a new run. I agree on the snaps, and the zippers too, as being original and artificially rusted. Let's hope this is not the first of more to appear.....

Willi
          From what I can see of the backs, the male side of the snaps appear to be post war Stockos.
          jh
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A beautiful job.....I wonder what other items the "craftsman" made ?
            If this is 20 years old I bet it's been in someone's collection for a lot of that time
            Steve

Comment

WH Splinter Pattern

Giday, Guys,

This jump smock is obvious with WH splinter pattern I/O LW splinter pattern. Have you ever seen an authentic jump smock with WH splinter pattern?

Regards,

Joseph

Comment

You are correct Joseph. That smock is made from Heer pattern double sided splinter......

Willi
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X