This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the controversy...

I would like to state, as the official forum voice, that the moderators and I are aware of the current controversy and are in contact with the forum sponsor in question in an attempt to resolve the issue in the best matter possible.

As a matter of record, let me also state that sponsors are indeed endorsed by the forum, which of course does not mean that we are responsible for their actions or monitoring their every transaction. It does mean, whoever, that because we give them the nod of good faith when an issue of this magnitude arises we will look into it. As I said, I am doing that right now.

Discussion involving sponsors is allowed here; the threads that were pulled were so because they had degenerated, were becoming very redundant, and were just generally detrimental.

Personally, if I were to buy a Paratrooper badge today I would get one that fit the specifications stated in the article on this site, but this is only my opinion and every collector must look at all the facts and formulate their own conclusion.

Seba
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Hi Seba,
    No disrespect intended, but the guidelines for this forum expressly allow discussion of any dealer in militaria. The fact that one particular dealer also happens to be a sponsor seems to be a bit of a dilemna that this forum crrently has.
    Not to sound naive, but I have always looked to this forum as a source which I could trust based on the collective opinion from other members.
    If this controversy is in fact true doesn't it seem a bit hypocritical to keep a sponsor like that?
    So you raise the dues a little bit. I'm sure plenty of members can cough up some spare change, especially if they are willing to spend $1400 on
    an APB... maybe next time around they might have one the rest of us will be extremely jealous of!

Comment

There is no dilemma, the discussion were and will be allowed to stay/continue. Neither I nor any of the moderators got involved, and for that we earned “a nod of respect” from even the most vociferous of the bunch.

The sponsors will remain in place, either in the same matter or in a slightly modified capacity, that fact is not up for discussion - they are what makes this forum possible.

<b>In general, we should be very thankful to the sponsors of this site.</b>

I hear all the time how members are willing to contribute but the cold hard facts is that I can count on one hand the number of collectors who have made a significant monetary contribution in all the years the forum and the site have been here.

I made the original post in this sensitive subject to let you guys know that we are of course aware of the controversy and are addressing it, further announcements will be coming.

Seba
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X