VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a genuine 2nd pattern aluminium APB should look like…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a genuine 2nd pattern aluminium APB should look like…

I'll upgrade the images in terms in quality when I get a chance but here are obverse and reverse views of an original, textbook 2nd pattern Army Parachutists Badge as struck in aluminium by the firm of C E Juncker in 1937 and 1938 before the badge's abolition on January 1st 1939 or, to be more precise, as of midnight on December 31st 1938. If yours doesn't look like this, expecially the radial profile or silhouette of the wehrmachtadler's head and 'shoulders' when viewed from the back, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Prosper Keating

Maker

Hi Prosper!

What about maker's mark (Juncker) ? Is there one known on this 2nd pattern badges? And if there was one, how it should look like?

Thank you!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Claudio,

When I saw this question of yours, I thought that you must be joking. Or perhaps that you were trying to provoke me - to wind me up - because of my bluntly-expressed opposition to your recent proposal about nazi ranks which, I now see, was intended purely as a fun thing.

For an answer to your question and other questions related to Juncker hallmarks on Army Parachutist Badges, please refer to the thread lower down on this page entitled «'Juncker' Army Para Badge». You cannot miss it - it is over four pages long and achieved over 2500 hits from forum members.

When encountered on an original 1937/38 2nd pattern Army Parachutist Badge in aluminium, the Juncker hallmark should look like those found on original 1st pattern Army Parachutist Badges.

There is only one 2nd pattern aluminium APB currently known with a Juncker hallmark and that is the badge which belonged to Alfred Ludwig. The hallmark on Ludwig's badge is the same as the one on the 1st pattern alumninium APBs in aluminium, an example of which follows now:

Anyway, read the thread to which I referred you. It is full of information and pictures.

Prosper Keating
      Last edited by Prosper Keating; 02-08-2002, 08:42 AM.

Comment

wish

That's a really nice badge, Iwish I had one!!!!!!!

Chris

Comment

Prosper,

I almost forgot about my "nazi-rank" proposal. It was just for fun or at least I meant it that way. I really regret that most of the forum's members didn't feel the same way about it as I did.

If I remember well, I just proposed "Wehrmacht-Heer" ranks and medals, not Allgmeine SS or Waffen SS ranks. I believe that you collect "nazi stuff" as I do... By the way I really hate the word "nazi" especially if you used to describe Wehrmacht collectible. Are you implying that I am a nazi? I hope not, because in that case you are totally wrong.

No, I just was truly wondering about the hallmark. That's it! No hard feelings. Perhaps because this topic was so widely discussed at the end I missed the point. Anyway thank you for you prompt and knowledgeable reply. It was very clear.

mit kameradschaftlichem Gruss,

Claudio

P.S.: In the future I would think twice before proposing something for this interesting forum.

Comment

No problem! I am sure that you understand the need to be absolutely clear about these things. I don't know you and have not dealt with you directly and I've been having a bit of trouble with a few people because of the Army Parachutist Badge and the article by Eric Queen and myself. No hard feelings.

Prosper Keating

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X