Der vorgangenheit auf der Spur by Fritz Roppelt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der vorgangenheit auf der Spur by Fritz Roppelt

I am trying to give this post as much coverage as possible, cover all angles so to speak.
    If anyone has this book of Fj Division 3's history can they possibly look for any reference to Hauptmann Heinz Fick who served with Regiment 9 in the ardennes. He must have been at least a Kompanieführer or on the rgt stab. He was killed on 20th Jan 1945 at Amel in Belgium. He was transferred from the LW to the Fallschirmtruppe in late 44 and did not serve in Normandy.
    His son is trying to find anything out via the internet and I am determined to help him, anyway I can.
    Any help is appreciated.
    All the best
    Greg Way

Addition to message

Hauptmann Heinz Fick served in 2nd Kompanie, FJR9.

Comment

Hey Greg,

That Roppelt book is very tough to get ahold of. The Roppelt family only prints a very limited amount each year. When I finally get my copy I can help you out. Glad to see you popped in here too.

Willi Zahn
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

auf der spur

Hello willi,
        Just heard from Andy Philpotts about Herr Fick. Auf der spur is readily available from Agelray books and costs about $100 to ship to the UK. About $80 in price. I enquired about it this week. May get a copy in the near future. I think the daughter of Roppelt has put the price up. I heard this morning from the Kameradschaftsleiter of the 3rd Division "Richard Schimpf" that only 200 were made and given to the Kameradschaft in 1993 after Roppelt died, or so I am told anyway.
        At least now I have some info to go on. I would still like anymore that can be dug up.
        Hauptmann Fick was Kompaniechef of 2./FJR9 from 18.12.1944-18.01.1944.

Comment

Hi Greg,

Yes, Jason of Angelray is who I ordered mine from..it has been backordered since last fall. He also sent me the 2-volume series by Stimpel...........some of the best details I have ever read.

WZ
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X